Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Giving Jimmy Some Love

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:26 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice and clean jimmy... I agree with the add a leaf stiffness... been humming and hawing about take mine out... but as a dd, no time for that at the moment...

Old 02-09-2019, 06:46 AM
TStoddard is on a distinguished road

I think I can pull them in around 4 hours without air. They haven't been on too long and PB is my new best friend. Worth its weight in gold! I need to get this leveled out a bit anyway. Torsion moved up on me almost a full inch after my alignment and I can sure feel it in the front end. Need to get that squared away before the tire install. I sure don't want to ruin another set. The previous front end issues ate my other set up. I picked up a pair of like new used ones for $80 installed to get through the rebuild. 30s going on next week. I don't want to mess with fender trimming. This thing is too straight and I dont want to promote rust.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Well, another cold nasty day outside in the Midwest. Just what I needed to keep the project moving. Started working on blacking out the front end. Before.... grill was a weird gray color with green bleeding through. And of course that bright red badging has to go too.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:01 PM

And after a few coats of Transtar, much better. Contemplating doing bottom half of bumper where the tow hooks are (now even a different gray) with the same stuff. Then cleaning up the hooks and doing with a flat black.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Personally, I think the trucks look better with that bottom plastic piece removed completely. Just a matter of opinion, though. I always tended to like ratty junky looking stuff lol

Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 AM

Now, since my 5x8 Pro Comps are on the way, I'm having second thoughts about the 2 1/2" overhang I'm going to have with them and the new tires...... Actually contemplating returning them as soon as they come with no plan B in place..... Just not sure about it. Can't see any fender flares that won't look cheap and I don't have the time to mod the ZR2 flairs to a 4 door since it's my dd.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 PM

Lower bumper and tow hooks complete. Now contemplating some contrast on the front badging. Tossing up between camo pattern on the GMC or in the body color. Any suggestions?

Last edited by TStoddard; 02-11-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Think about matching body color with the gmc

edit: realized it sounded like a question lol. I think the body color would be good lol. A pattern would stick out unless you put more around somewhere else, like door handles maybe...

Last edited by DonL; 02-11-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:13 PM

Before and after.... CRAZY! New headlights helped a BUNCH!

Last edited by TStoddard; 02-11-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Coming along nicely!

Quick Reply: Giving Jimmy Some Love