Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Giving Jimmy Some Love

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:52 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road
Default Glad still kicking

Originally Posted by TStoddard
Well, got fuel pump replaced after getting towed home and I have to say, that kinda sucked. My advice is go straight for the Delphi, dont waste your time with AC Delco. Long story there...... Started having heat issues which I thought was related to the new radiator. Turns out it was not, and not a thermostat issue either. Back flushed the heater core and was amazed by what looked like gasket material that came out. Still scratching my head on that one for obvious reasons. Anyway, Jimmy's got heat and fuel again. Running like a champ!
Still need to get on those frame rails though.....
My 98LS hanging in there on the Delphi pump. I do not drive much any more (going blind) my main issue is a parasitic battery drain. Might try to find it some time but for now I just force myself to use it a couple times a week or toss the charger on it. Considering a battery cutoff even if I have to pop hood to use it vs finding it dead when I need it to go. Long term, got the typical transmission fluid getting into transfer case but its a slow leak from one to other so I just drain off overflow and refill trans as needed seeing I do not use it much. Keep those wheels right side up, looking good still for its age!

Old 02-17-2020, 09:37 AM
TStoddard is on a distinguished road

True carbon tracking or bad cap? It's not an AC Delco, but I've NEVER seen one this bad. Going back with AC DELCO cap & rotor, just curious about this one.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:00 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

That is in pretty rough shape. Not sure how old or miles on it nor brand quality but replacing would be a must. My current one Ac Delco but can’t say good or bad seeing I do not drive much anymore. Just few weeks back installed a battery cutoff due to very low parasitic drain that killed battery after about 7-10 days of sitting. If I drove it Regularly never would have needed it. Could not pin down source so gave up and just put cutoff in, oh well.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:52 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Hey, I just saw this posting on Facebook marketplace.... I have no personal ties to the seller whatsoever. Looks like they are in southern Iowa. Didn’t know if you were still looking for a set. Might be okay after some black paint