Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer2005
backing up too the conversation on the steering
Stabilizer bar, I think my blazer has that bracket
I have to check after school cuz I wanna get everything
The kit offers to minimize any problems... Truck looks good
From start to finish!!! even tho your most likely not done
Quite yet?
Thanks a lot man! Nope not done yet.

Originally Posted by Hollywood411
Blazer looks good. I like the idea of sanding and painting all the undercarriage stuff. But sounds like tons of work
Thanks man! Yeah it is worth it though!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Mike_Williams7 is on a distinguished road

I really like the chrome strip painted black! I plan on doing the same on my Jimmy. What did you use?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer2005 is on a distinguished road

I had a 2001 gmc jimmy 2dr 2wd I did not like it at all because of the 2wd
but it was fun off roading still! Lol if it had been 4x4 I would have kept it...

Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_Williams7
I really like the chrome strip painted black! I plan on doing the same on my Jimmy. What did you use?
Thanks dude! It took me 3 years to figure out if I wanted to get it professionally filled in or just paint it and then I found out about Plastidip! It was super easy and has stayed on great for about 6 months now. Home Depot sells it. You dont have to mask the area but I put one sheet of newspaper on each side of the entire strip and sprayed over the strip (and emblems) then after it dried, removed the newspaper, rubbed off any overspray with my thumb. Super easy and quick.

Originally Posted by Blazer2005
I had a 2001 gmc jimmy 2dr 2wd I did not like it at all because of the 2wd
but it was fun off roading still! Lol if it had been 4x4 I would have kept it...

Oh man yeah I cant imagine buying a truck 2wd you should get one again in 4wd i love it. Also the 4 doors come in handy so much!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Just a pic I shot of the truck. Waiting for the snow to come! Just replaced both front Hubs, Steering Idler Arm, Fuel Pump, and got an Alignment!

Attached Thumbnails GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc-334kakh.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Beginning Member
Hollywood411 is on a distinguished road

I agree about the black stripe. Makes it look way cleaner and goes along with the truck better. Good job

Old 10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Mike_Williams7 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=dustinhxc;604790]Thanks dude! It took me 3 years to figure out if I wanted to get it professionally filled in or just paint it and then I found out about Plastidip! It was super easy and has stayed on great for about 6 months now. Home Depot sells it. You dont have to mask the area but I put one sheet of newspaper on each side of the entire strip and sprayed over the strip (and emblems) then after it dried, removed the newspaper, rubbed off any overspray with my thumb. Super easy and quick.

Sweet! That's what I was debating about doing that with mine because I Plastidip'd the rims but I didn't know how it would turn out on the chrome strip. Good to know that yours turned out so well.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood411
I agree about the black stripe. Makes it look way cleaner and goes along with the truck better. Good job
Thanks a lot man!

Sweet! That's what I was debating about doing that with mine because I Plastidip'd the rims but I didn't know how it would turn out on the chrome strip. Good to know that yours turned out so well.
Thats cool man Ive heard alot about plastidiping rims, I bought mine black and ive touched some parts up on them w black paint. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Beginning Member
IronDobe is on a distinguished road

I plasti'd the chrome/gray all the way around mine and I think it came out great.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by IronDobe
I plasti'd the chrome/gray all the way around mine and I think it came out great.
Awesome dude! post a pic!

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc