Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Its an easy install for a stabilizer. Go look under your truck right in front of the front diff on the driver side and see if you have a little braket that looks like this. Sorry for the crappy pic!

If you do like me the install will be even easier and the parts are a few dollars cheaper. This is a factory mount for a steering stabilizer and some came with it and some did not. I have the mount but no stabilizer (YET) as you can see in the pic. Many companies sell the stabilizer with or without the additional mount for vehicles without the factory mount. Either way they are a pretty easy install and imo worth the expense. You may have noticed since you put the new tires on that your truck will pull a bit on rough roads especially while braking. The stabilizer should help to reduce that alot and it should help a bit to reduce wear on the rest of the steering components. I plan to put one on soon I have just been lazy and putting it off. I'd say go for it!! The toughest decision now is just which one to get. I won't give any opions on them since I am not familiar with the differences in them but thats what I love about google!!
Awesome thanks man! : )

Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Quick run through some dirt/mud before I got home..

Heres what my suspension looks like with the control arms and differential drop brackets.. CVs dont look that bad at all.. Looking at this makes me want all new parts..

Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Jimmy is looking good, what else do you have planned?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
Jimmy is looking good, what else do you have planned?
Thanks! Black Push Bar, Fog Lights, Sand and paint the tow hook surrounds, 90s tahoe tow hooks sand and paint them, possibly do something with exhaust, remove cat? new stainless piping? black bear tune to fix things, maybe an intake never liked them much, possibly get an optima redtop battery ive used them in all my other vehicles, new trailer hitch or sand and paint current one, new taillights or smoke current ones, possibly remove body valences and shave holes, steering stabilizer maybe if i notice anything needing it. Any other suggestions? :]

Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Soooooo I starteed this build as how it is currently.. So here is a progress ..

Only Headlights and Tint..

BFG 30x9.5 removed wheel caps, chrome lugs

Got the Rock Crawler 52s on.. 15x8 4.5bs

Rough Country 2.5" Lift, BFG 31x10.5, Rear 1.5" Spacers, Black Grille. Only exterior mod ive done since is the black tow hooks..

Old 06-08-2012, 12:58 PM

At a bit over 100 miles so took the rear wheels off and checked torque of rear spacers all at 100 ft lb torque still. then made sure all 4 wheels are at 100 ft lb torque they were all good except the front wheels were a tad off.. Is that normal to tighten once or should i check every 100 miles from now on lol maybe ill check once a week.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

when i put spacers on my old truck i used red lock tight on the wheel studs so the spacer wouldnt back off and torqued to 100ftlbs that way i never had to worry about them. and if and when i had to take them off i just used an impact gun. never had a problem with wheels coming off or loose.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Hey can I get a side profile shot of your truck? I just want to see how the back wheels sit with the spacers please when you have time.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by war00
when i put spacers on my old truck i used red lock tight on the wheel studs so the spacer wouldnt back off and torqued to 100ftlbs that way i never had to worry about them. and if and when i had to take them off i just used an impact gun. never had a problem with wheels coming off or loose.
I was debating using red lock tight or blue even.. I dont have an impact gun though if thats needed to take them off after. So far the spacer lugs havent moved so thats good.

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Hey can I get a side profile shot of your truck? I just want to see how the back wheels sit with the spacers please when you have time.
I have one in this thread.

Or do you mean a different angle?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

big breaker bar will do as well,
what size spacers did you run in the back?

Quick Reply: GMC Jimmy 2.5" Lift 31x10.5 etc