Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The hare build

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 08:28 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I see I also never posted the exhaust. So I seen on rockauto that they lost the part numbers for the dynomax super turbo catback system so I pieced everything for the kit from rockauto and got the muffler from Amazon. Saved about $110 cdn and saved on shipping. My old exhaust was pinched at some point between the leafs and frame so made a huge difference in gas mileage and performance
Had a super nasty snowstorm here about 2 weeks ago shut the city down. I was pulling people out and still driving around in it only damage was my drivers cv axle to got a warranty replacement coming

Also blew out my passenger side shock before the storm and got a full set of new rough country n3 coming but they are back ordered so might have them by middle of dec

Old 11-23-2020, 09:44 PM

So I did my rear bumper lift that came with the body lift kind of a pain and not supposed to be able to if u have the factory tow package but here you go

With the bumper off these tabs have to be cut off

All cut off not the brackets can be bolted on

Brackets bolted on

Have to cut the bottom of the bumper so it’s straight across the back like so it does involve cutting the one bolt hole pretty much off

Bumper on and bolted up

This u can see why it has to be cut straight accross

All done and finished up

Old 11-24-2020, 04:52 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looks factory. Good job

Are those the brackets that came with the kit?

I'm licking it, thinking of getting one sooner then later now, just curious if my brush guard will still work, as it mounts the the bottom of the frame where the skid plate is.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:21 AM

Yes the kit comes with the brackets for the front and rear bumpers but I have a steel front bumper so didn’t need the front abit those are the rears and they say not to tow with the bumper. Had to drop the bolt holes on the bumper a little longer also. Your guard with still bolt up fine but it might not line up with the lights and everything like it does not cause it lifts the body 2”

Old 12-17-2020, 11:26 PM

Picked up this winch for $100 today it works great and its an 8500lb with steel cable im gonna swap it out to a rope. i dont know anything really about it

Old 12-24-2020, 10:47 AM

Found out the winch is a superwinch lp8500 gen 1. It wouldn’t fit on top of bumper without cutting my grill so had to modify my bumper

i think it turned out good still have a few cosmetic things to do but I have a working winch now. Have to find a small electronic box for the relay pack and somewhere to mount the controller plug in

Old 12-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks good! I'm still waiting to find a deal on a winch.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:16 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looks good! Trying to talk the wife into a 8500 lbs winch with a 2" receiver braket package for 599.99 cdn...

That bumper is gonna be beastly when your done, you plan on putting bars to protect the lights and such?

Old 12-24-2020, 11:39 AM

The lights will be moved again lol and gonna put a bar that goes above the winch but forward enough to protect it and make tabs to mount the lights to it. The winch used to be my brothers then he sold it then it got sold around a couple more times and I picked it up for 100 cdn

Old 01-04-2021, 10:06 AM

Spent the day in the garage yesterday my new hawse for the winch came in and new 20k lb synthetic line came and I pick up a proper winch mounting plate and got a abs weather proof box for the control pack. Put the control pack in the new box looks much better

New box

All moved over
Wanted to make the bar to protect the winch and strengthen it abit more. My brother said the old control box got messed up cause someone backed into him while trying to get him unstuck
Lining it all up

All done
the old cable was a mess when I took it off and the winch was in pretty good. The new control box is behind the grill it fit perfect.
I plan on getting my 145amp alternator rebuilt it died on me in November I think it’s the regulator that went but luckily I still had my stock replacement. I definitely seen the lights dim while despoiling the new line not really bad but enough.

Quick Reply: The hare build