Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Incredible Hulk.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

And maybe next time you'll stop by my place since its ON THE WAY and bring me a coffee!

Sorry...I just had one. I'm a little hyper.

Looks good tho! keep it up!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
And maybe next time you'll stop by my place since its ON THE WAY and bring me a coffee!

Sorry...I just had one. I'm a little hyper.

Looks good tho! keep it up!
actually you weren't. (sorry Brad )

we met up @ the Brass Pro shop in Vaughn Mills mall (since he was doing his Father's Day shopping while in town), then hit the Tim's across from Canada's Wonderland.

but maybe you'll come for a coffee after a play day? my youngest brother (with that Jimmy) is trying to get a few guys together. apparently he has a few friends that are "mud virgins"

anyways, i went out to check the alignment of the lights, and i've got to say, the 9005 bulbs definitely sit differently in the 9006 spot (my LB's were hitting where the HB's should've been!).

these lights were actually a bit of a pain tonight-they must have attracted every freakin' bug for 10 miles while i was adjusting them. definitely some weird-*** bugs out there tonight!

the LB's, the HB's,

Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Lookin good, be careful with the HID's in the highbeams... they take a bit to warm up (obviously :P) so flippin' at people wont be near as fun because they won't be bright.. but if you use your high's for long periods of time I'm sure you'll light up the skys!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

yeah there's more than one of us to have a lil part of Pats blazer in all of us Canadians lol... I have his CAI, K&N & heat shield lol
nice going on the HID's btw & the high beam switch could prove interesting seeing as we have DRL
personally I've already got my 5000K HID's from HIDxtra for the high beams but I'm going to route the DRL's to the next to useless foglights I have & then install the HID's in the high beams with a switch ala relay so I can have the quad beam or reg high beam (no low beam).... when I figure it all out lol
That'll brighten up the night highway hauling the boat back from Nutamuk or Otter Falls

& yes, out in the boonies or even in the city, HID's attract anything with wings, so much so they'll cover the lens lol (HID's are supposed to simulate sunlight, hence the midnight bugs freaking out)

Last edited by Rottidog; 06-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
Lookin good, be careful with the HID's in the highbeams... they take a bit to warm up (obviously :P) so flippin' at people wont be near as fun because they won't be bright.. but if you use your high's for long periods of time I'm sure you'll light up the skys!
tell me about it!

every time i went to check the HB's (to see how their alignment was), i had to flick back to the LB's 'cause there was another car coming towards me.

what the hell was everybody driving around here @ 11:40 last night? didn't they know i was out working on my alignment?

too bad there wasn't a way to "warm up" the system before switching them on.

ah well, small price to pay for my own personal spots of daylight.

on another mod note...........i started doing something tonight, but smoked two bits trying to do it..................so i'm not gonna post up any results 'til i can get it finished-hopefully tomorrow after work.

trust me, when you see the mangled mess i made.........................

Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Door hinges?

Glad things worked out with the HID's... When I told my dad not to ship them on Friday he had already sent them out... that's why you got them Monday.

And as far as Bass Pro goes... I still laugh at all the looks we got stuffing the charcoal BBQ/smoker and fish finder in the back of the Bell van lmao.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha I would definitely laugh, then see Chris walk around the corner of it and start crying at the thought of knowing who it is lol

Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Haha I would definitely laugh, then see Chris walk around the corner of it and start crying at the thought of knowing who it is lol
you're just still pissy about missing out on the Tim's.

tell you what, when you come to pick-up the oil lines, i won't invite Pat to meet with us, ok?

Originally Posted by oktain
Door hinges?

no..............but i do have to do that "custom" bushing work on that one door. (gotta get that taken care of real soon)

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
BF Guru

ok, i'm now ready to show you the butcher job that i tried to do last Saturday-not that it was totally my fault, the hole saw was kinda toast already.

that's the end result of a wornout hole saw, and then figuring you can finish it off with a wood one. i know, not the smartest thing to try, but when everything is closed, and you've got nothing to lose...............

so tonight i bought a new (freakin' expensive!) hole saw.................

just in case anyone else is tempted to mount something in the bumper, be for warned, that rebar is a bitch.................notice where my "perfectly aligned in the middle" placement caused me such headache (see the 2nd pic).

i've gotten fed up over the last decade (plus) of the trailer hook-ups corroding every few Winters, so bought a Hopkins Endurance plug, it looks like your outdoor water-proof electrical box.

the plug is warrantied for 3 years, so we'll see how well it stands up. looked well constructed inside, so hopefully i won't have to worry about it for awhile.

and that's part of the reason why i put it in the bumper, 'cause 3 weeks after i put it beside the hitch (like i have on all of my trucks, except for my p/u) it got smashed on some snow (ice?). so.......no more of that happening.

although, i'm guessing some ***-hat is probably gonna rear-end me now.

maybe i should put my "Winter Import Bumper" back on...........just in case.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Colour match the import bumper though... it'd look better IMO.

Nice mod, it actually looks like it may belong there.

NOW FIX YOUR DOOR PIN

I'm trying to find the time to get down to Wonderland with the GF, I'll let you and Brad know if I end up heading down... we'll go meet at the Busy-*** Tim's again. Coffee's on Brad for being a cry-baby about it though.

Quick Reply: The Incredible Hulk.