Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Incredible Hulk.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
(1)Colour match the import bumper though... it'd look better IMO.

Nice mod, it actually looks like it may belong there.

(2)NOW FIX YOUR DOOR PIN

I'm trying to find the time to get down to Wonderland with the GF, I'll let you and Brad know if I end up heading down... we'll go meet at the Busy-*** Tim's again. (3)Coffee's on Brad for being a cry-baby about it though.

(1) ssshhhhh!........................

(2) i'm on it actually.........now that i'm working in a custom fab/machining shop.

(3) , you know he's gonna hound you-big time-if you don't come back down.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm ***uming you subscribed to your own thread so I thought this would be a good place to put this.

Thinking back to our convo about clear corners I found these: http://cgi.ebay.ca/2000-2004-S10-Bla...item3a55e7160a

If you decide not to bother with the brazilian tails...

Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Colour match the import bumper though... it'd look better IMO.

Nice mod, it actually looks like it may belong there.

NOW FIX YOUR DOOR PIN

I'm trying to find the time to get down to Wonderland with the GF, I'll let you and Brad know if I end up heading down... we'll go meet at the Busy-*** Tim's again. Coffee's on Brad for being a cry-baby about it though.
Originally Posted by old skool luvr
(1) ssshhhhh!........................

(2) i'm on it actually.........now that i'm working in a custom fab/machining shop.

(3) , you know he's gonna hound you-big time-if you don't come back down.

Hope you alright with a small hot chocolate! lol

If it takes him another year to get down here again then ya I will. But we should throw together a meet in the Souther Ontario group. Get to put a few more faces to the names!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Thinking back to our convo about clear corners I found these: http://cgi.ebay.ca/2000-2004-S10-Bla...item3a55e7160a

If you decide not to bother with the brazilian tails...
thanks Pat, i actually have these on my watch list on eBay.

but i was thinking after i found them, i'm kinda liking the amber signals front & back. if only it wasn't raining all weekend, i actually wanted to wire them up.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Hope you alright with a small hot chocolate! lol

If it takes him another year to get down here again then ya I will. But we should throw together a meet in the Souther Ontario group. Get to put a few more faces to the names!

i was hoping we could actually do a day trip in the bush somewhere with a few members, when he comes down next time. i know he was planing to go to Wonderland with the GF, maybe he could make it a weekend trip.

we'll definately have to set something up.

i've come across some possible new hoops for the truck. take a look here, let me know what ya think.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm liking the rims.. and I'm not putting my truck in the bush for a long time lmfao.... that being said, if that's the plan then the GF and I will either rid in the hulk... or Brad's ZR2. The Sierra will just sit back and look pretty, no swamps or branches for her. Camp roads yes... well I've made my point clear enough

Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
BF Guru

I'm liking the rims.. and I'm not putting my truck in the bush for a long time lmfao.... that being said, if that's the plan then the GF and I will either rid in the hulk... or Brad's ZR2. The Sierra will just sit back and look pretty, no swamps or branches for her. Camp roads yes... well I've made my point clear enough

and she'll be doing a good job of it.

thanks for the props on the wheels. i think i'll need to get tuner nuts for them-i almost couldn't get an impact socket in there to put them on.

maybe i'll bug my brother to borrow his tuner nuts this weekend, since his truck still isn't together. just to do a quick road test on the wheels, make sure they're running true.

the Honda's have a 120mm bolt pattern, compared to our 120.65 (4.75"). but really, .65mm is only 0.0255", so i don't think there is gonna be any issue. still, i'd like to verify before i get them.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 PM

A Bush rip sounds good!

As for the rims! They look good! Need a better pic tho! shined up and full view!

We should try and get Sisk out here too! Tempt him with beer

Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Woah! Too much excitement, Brad. lol

Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 PM

Your just jealous you can't come! lol

I am excited. All my friends are like Pat and don't wanna scratch their paint so I usually go alone or with my one buddy but I'm sick of the "trails" here.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
BF Guru

A Bush rip sounds good!

As for the rims! They look good! Need a better pic tho! shined up and full view!

We should try and get Sisk out here too! Tempt him with beer
Originally Posted by cbr995
Woah! Too much excitement, Brad. lol
Your just jealous you can't come! lol

I am excited. All my friends are like Pat and don't wanna scratch their paint so I usually go alone or with my one buddy but I'm sick of the "trails" here.
'hoa boy!

glad you're finally up for a tromp through the bush. my truck already has a few full body scruffs-i've got one going the full length of the roof (passenger side, outside of the roof rack), have absolutely no idea where that one came from!?!

so long as i don't dent panels (front bumper doesn't count ) im good.

mo' pic's of the hoops on,

NOTE TO SELF: always check the short grass for clippings before driving on it-especially when you just spent 50 minutes putting on the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel!

if only it were that easy Brad, 'cause i'm sure Alex would luv to come out. maybe he'll actually road trip this way like he mentioned earlier this year.

it'd be cool too, if Matt would road trip up to The Great White North. it's even safe (@ this time of year) for his salt-virgin Ghost to come visit.

as for the wheelin' alone (or with that one friend only), you've got my # (and email), why don't you guys ever give a shout? maybe we could hit some down here? i'm dying to try out an area i found-but i'm not trekkin' it alone, that's for sure!)

ok, so now everybody sees how nice the Enkei look on the truck, you can also see just how bad they really are....................

but that should make it aloteasier to get the chrome stripped off. i'm gonna polish them after. maybe i'll see about getting them re-chromed-if my buddy can get me a good deal on that (like maybe sneaking them in with another order a few times? )

now that i'm pretty well sold on them looking good on the truck, now i've got a bigger issue.......................TIRES!

i'm probably gonna go bigger than the size that's on them right now (245/65/R17, OD of 29.53"). i've been looking around on 1010tire.com for that last hour-probably more like 2 (or 3!).

i'm looking @ a size (diameter x width) of 245/70R/17 (30.50" x 9.64") or 255/70/R17 (31.05" x 10.03"). i also found a 265/70/R17 but that tire is 31.60" x 10.43", kinda large for the stock 4.3 (IMO), and will definately need a proper lift-t-bars crank/shackles won't cut it i'm sure-and i'm really sure that's not in the budget.

and don't bother mentioning a BL, i sooooooo can't stand those! and i'm not gonna bash 'n trim lower fenders!

these were the tires-in order of preference-that i've been looking @ tonight...............

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar (really luvin' the tread design on these)
Firestone Destination M/T (i know a few members have this tire too)
General Grabber AT2
Nitto Terra Grappler *
Kumho Road Venture MT (KL71) * (this is an awsome performing tire & tread design)
Yokohama Geolander M/T+ * (another long time favorite in design/performance)

* these tires are available only in a 31.60" diameter-except for the Nitto (not supper impressed by the semi-highway look)-and would require a real lift kit, which, like i said above, isn't in the bank account.

well *whew* that's enough to fill a page (or two!!) for now.

i'm actually gonna do the ultimate road test right now-i've gotta go rescue brother #3 since his Malibu (bleh) tossed it's tensioner & pulley.

guess it's lucky for him i finally have my trailer back @ home.

let me know what you guys think about the look of them on the truck, my selection of rubber, and the fitting of said tires (regarding fitting with the t-bar crank/shackles).

have a good one, i'll be back later.

Quick Reply: The Incredible Hulk.