Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Madmaxxed's 1999 Chevy Blazer Slow Build!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Starting Member
madmaxxed is on a distinguished road

Since I did 2" lift shackles already I figured I'll keep them on rather than swap them with the ones included in the rc kit. I'm going to try a different route and ordered a set of superlift add a leafs from summit to add a little extra to the rear.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Starting Member

oh boy! I'm almost ready to go!!! Just waiting for the warm weather to hit. argh... sooooo far away... I got my body lift, RC 2.5" kit, superlift add a leaf springs. I figured i'd replace the lower balljoints when i do the lift so ordered some new Mevotech ones and scored a pair of torsion bars from a 1999 zr2 blazer. they look almost new and come with a set of keys (i won't be using). my front end seems a bit soft and my driver side torsion bar looks pretty scaled up with rust compared to the passenger side.

Attached Thumbnails Madmaxxed's 1999 Chevy Blazer Slow Build!-blazerlift_zps49b1df9a.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Starting Member

I scored 4 Z28 wheels for 125. Picking them up tomorrow as soon as I'm out of work. Anyone still running spacers with these? I'm wondering if they will stick out too far if i continue to run the 2.5" and 1.25" spacers I have on now.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

No spacers they are already going to stick out more.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Starting Member

Great! Thanks Rex. They are from an 86 iroc. They look to be in great shape from what I can see in the pictures. I'll know for sure when I go get them tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Starting Member

My wife and I just got back from a long awaited vacation in Playa Del Carmen! It seems we brought some sun and warmth back. I started spraying down bolts with PB Blaster in preparation. The time has come and will start wrenching on the blazer this weekend and start installing some goodies!

Old 04-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Starting Member

I just found better instructions for the body lift. Zone Offroad Products has a really nice set of instructions with pictures you can make out. I'm going to start tearing this down tonight after work!

Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Starting Member

Got a little done after work today. If the weather is okay I will spend a little time on it again tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Madmaxxed's 1999 Chevy Blazer Slow Build!-image.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Starting Member

I got the body lift in yesterday. I ended up ording new body mounts so she will stay loose until the arrive. Install wasn't bad at all aside from a few tight spots and one broken body mount bolt. Argh. Today's project will be to get it removed. Going to drill out an opening on the driver side floor to see if I can access it from the top. I'll try some PB blaster from the top first, apply heat if that doesn't work. I'm happy with the appearance. Suspension lift install to follow.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Starting Member

Rear.

Quick Reply: Madmaxxed's 1999 Chevy Blazer Slow Build!