Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"The Mail Truck!" Revival

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 04:09 PM
Beginning Member
NightRunner is on a distinguished road
Default "The Mail Truck!" Revival

It's time.

My 1996 GMC Jimmy SLE has laid in disrepair for far too long and it saddens me. A little history behind this truck, it came to my family initially as a mail truck. It seen a lot of time running mail in rural Texas for both my dad and I. My dad was never a big fan of the 2WD, so he sold it to me very cheap to use as a daily driver (before I became a mail carrier) and he bought a 4WD variant. I instantly fell in love with this little thing and have so many great memories with people in this truck over the years. This thing has seen me through three different moves, a few female friends and a ton of miles on the road. After I left the post office I ended up parking this vehicle to get some time in on a newer car as I started driving a lot of miles every weekday for my new 9-5 job. Now that I've gotten in a good position in life, I'm ready for this truck to go to the next level and become my designated camping/road trip rig. The plan so far isn't too complicated. I'll be getting a set of BFG KO2 tires to navigate me through the backroads and offroad (paired of course with a TrueTrac LSD and 3.73 ring and pinion gears). This WILL be a slow build, as I have two other projects going on and only one job to support this expensive little habit, but I plan to taper off from the other two to show this thing some love. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been this excited about a project in a very long time. Here's a beginning pic!

It ain't much yet, but it has always had a ton of potential, and I for one can't wait for it to be realized. Stay tuned!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

She looks preaty solid, I'll be looking forward to this.