General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Saddening seeing my old blazer around town :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 AM
97OregonBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Saddening seeing my old blazer around town :(

I've already been with out my blazer for a while now and sold it to a kid from Portland. which is like 45 miles away. I go up one weekend and i see it there driving around. I was at a light and he just passed right by me. It makes me glad to see someone else is now enjoying it like I did. but that was my first off road rig that i liked and a great road tripper. Gotten through some crazy stuff and stuck in the worst.

Always will have those memory's with it and my friends and all the fun stuff we did with it. i remember all the cool stuff i'd hear about it and how i had the only s10 blazer in town that got down and dirty. I definitely took care of it and also ran the sh*t out of it but let me tell you, never once broke down on me, and that 4.3 has to be one of the most reliable motors i've ever had. even my audi is costing me more to maintain then my blazer that went mudding weekly.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Haha I sold my Audi and bought my Blazer! Smartest thing I have ever done. Now instead of paying car payments and ridiculously expensive parts costs every week (for a car that only had 60k) I get to but toys for my Blazer

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Hey... Feel GOOD! I'm the kinda guy who is usually a car's LAST owner.
There are two noteworthy exceptions:
My SVO which I used as a DD for 150K but let upkeep get away from me and it needed a total reno.. which a kid from Cincinnati did:

That was my all-time baby!

and my last major mod:

I'd feel good as hell to see either one on the road. Without really wanting them back

No, young'uns.. those arent CAI scoops, those are intercooler scoops.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-20-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM

I mean i miss it but not to where i'd want to own it again. I had my fun with it and fun wheelin in it. Did good and also got me places Eventually I'll get a zr2 but not sure when. Hopefully sometime soon so i can get back to having fun,

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
Druidic is on a distinguished road

Heard a lot of great things with the 4.3, the only motor off the top of my head that can routinely give it a run for its money would be Jeep's inline 6... those are beastly strong when they are taken care of.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Druidic
Heard a lot of great things with the 4.3, the only motor off the top of my head that can routinely give it a run for its money would be Jeep's inline 6... those are beastly strong when they are taken care of.
jeeps in line 6 4.0 and chevy's 4.3L vortec v6 both got some power and torque for 6's. and like i said my 4.3 v6 was more reliable then my 2.8 v6 audi motor is... lol