Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Makeover for Dixie

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Work work work, finally a day off. SO, the plan has changed a couple times since my last update, i'm going to lift my truck slightley to fit a set of bigger tires for the beach! I've been looking at a set of Duralast 5664 springs, at the same time I could get the 2" lift from Roughcountry up the street at Hedgehog Motorsports so all i will need to really do is align when i get bigger tires. I know it's stiff and some say it's not worth it, but i was thinking instead of doing the 2" AAL I'd get a set of 2" Fabtech Shackles and have them just give me the AAl and hardware. I'm looking at a set of 31" Wrangler, but also at the same time at a set of 30" Silent Armors. Any suggestions?

Also, on a side note I've paid it down to 399$ and i need to replace a fog light, and replace a wiper, i might just replace both wipers for the fact their about 2 years old, they've done their value in wiping =P

Pics soon, as soon as i figure out the hell to get the pictures off this weird camera..

Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

31s didnt fit on my 2" lifted 2wd. Have to run 30s. The silent armors are what I ran on that truck in the 30s they were an awesome tire and I loved them.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Starting Member

I figured they wouldn't, i've got a set of 30" Yoko Geolander H/ts in the shed in the back, not dry rotted and in amazing shape. I'm actually thinking about the 2" Roughcountry Lift, i hear the springs are stiff and people think it's not worth it but what do you expect lifting an s10?

I figure the tires i have will last past to and past graudation, so i'll have to see how it goes from now till then and what i'ma do with the blazer after that.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Hey dude, nice truck

Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Starting Member

Thanks Craig =P mmm i think i'ma dig out the roof rack soon and start lookin for a roof basket

Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice! Can't wait to see it

Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Starting Member

It'll be soon, i'm about 3 or 4 months behind on pictures. I've got this idea in my head of what i want. 99 Center Console, Cb radio custom mounted to the bottom of the dash, Gps mounted on the center of the dash above my vents. I'm debating where to put my Whip and how to run the cable any ideas?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Starting Member

Mmk, it's been a while but i didn't wanna update until i got pictures up, but i've been so busy and tired i've procrastonated it. I don't have any pictures on my school computer but i do have a lot of fresh clean pictures, getting ready for graduation my entire family is going to be down here so it'll be great. I've got a windows tint to replace, my drivers seat needs to be patched or redone etc etc.. i'm worn out and pics come either tonight or tomorrow, i promise

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Starting Member

Pics are on Facebook, but havn't made their way here yet. on the other note, 259$ left to pay back my dad! Then i actually get a full paycheck for about 2 months! I wanna graduate already.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Starting Member

It's been a long time but PICTURES! i have more at home but here are some

I know they're big but i'm limited in time, so i'll resize them when i get a chance! All's running smooth, new sig and new pictures more on the way!

Quick Reply: Makeover for Dixie