Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Muscle car in disguise, the story and build of my first car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Yeah, they all work dude!

Old 03-07-2019, 07:48 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice work so far! Got all the pics this time!

Old 03-07-2019, 08:33 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Looking good!

I wish ITC made a compressor bracket like that but for the Corvette accessory drive spacing... I would much rather have the belt routing hug closer to the block... plus I already have all the Corvette spacing stock stuff on the LS3 I have for my swap :P

Old 03-07-2019, 09:20 AM

I'm interested to see how the end fitment is with the ITC brackets and stock 4.3 accessories though. What cooling solution do you plan on using? On ITC's web site they show the brackets installed on a swap WIHTOUT the radiator support being cut into to recess the radiator into and move it and the condenser forward, but you can't really see what they did for cooling in those photos... I currently have Intrepid fans on mine, but space looks tight with the truck crank pulley spacing, which is why I was wanting to run the Vette pulley spacing on mine, but if everything will clear with the truck pulley spacing and those ITC brackets, then by all means that's the route I will go!

Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Beginning Member
9702BlazerStyle is on a distinguished road

That looks amazing! Great story. Great build. Cant wait to see finished project.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:59 AM
Beginning Member
PAblazerboy2000 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Looking good!

I wish ITC made a compressor bracket like that but for the Corvette accessory drive spacing... I would much rather have the belt routing hug closer to the block... plus I already have all the Corvette spacing stock stuff on the LS3 I have for my swap :P
I don't think that that would be possible because of the way the AC compressor mounts, but that would be awesome to give a bit more clearance.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
I'm interested to see how the end fitment is with the ITC brackets and stock 4.3 accessories though. What cooling solution do you plan on using?
im going to use a all aluminum c4 rad from eBay (I know that goes a bit against my quality standards) but it comes with fans, and I have a fan controller I bought for this a while back. I don't plan on recessing the radiator.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by PAblazerboy2000
I don't think that that would be possible because of the way the AC compressor mounts, but that would be awesome to give a bit more clearance.
Yeah that's what I figured, either the AC compressor or the PS Pump would interfere if they were set back any further.

Are you going to be running their alternator bracket as well on the passenger side?

Originally Posted by PAblazerboy2000
im going to use a all aluminum c4 rad from eBay (I know that goes a bit against my quality standards) but it comes with fans, and I have a fan controller I bought for this a while back. I don't plan on recessing the radiator.
Ah okay. Wasn't sure if you were going to try and get away with the stock 4.3 rad or just something thicker.

That being said, what water pump do you plan on using? Considering the inlet and outlets of the C4 Radiator are on the same sides as the stock 4.3 radiator (which is to say they're on opposite sides of the radiator), but the truck 5.3 water pump has both inlet and outlet on the passenger side. I may end up running the LS3 Vette water pump I have with the 1.5" spacers that ITC sells if I go with their brackets to match the truck crank pulley spacing.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:16 AM
Beginning Member

[QUOTE=blazen_red_4x4;704840]Yeah that's what I figured, either the AC compressor or the PS Pump would interfere if they were set back any further.

Ah okay. Wasn't sure if you were going to try and get away with the stock 4.3 rad or just something thicker.

I am using their alternator bracket, with the turn buckel, I got a brand new delco ad244 145 amp so I can run fans, and for the rad, the inlets are in the same spot as a 4.3, so the inlet on the pump is close to the one on the passenger side of the rad, at the bottom, and the out is on top by where the factory air box is. Like my dad's 2500 with a 6.0 they have a long *** pipe that goes across the top of the rad to the neck on the rad so it all looks like it should work.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:26 PM
Beginning Member
Default Update 5 years later

To all that in the early days of my build that gave me support thank you all <3 in the last 5 years there have been quite a few ups and downs with my car but I still have her current milage is up to 202,000 and is currently rocking an LQ9 out of a 2002 escalade. I have had about 4 different motors in it over the years and this is my favorite set up at the moment. I ended up in my rebellious stages when I turned 21 and the car ended up blowing a couple pistons and head gaskets. I have sense swapped over to 3.73 gears and have a Blazer ZR2 rear end in it witch gives it good stance and way better cornering, I have completely replaced the intirior except for the headliner and some other misc plastics but it now has all black leather seats and door cards with a bravada center console and console shifter. It now has 2.5 in dual side pipes (she sounds like a 60's corvette and I love it) fastest I've gotten the her up to was 150 ish 😀. I managed to find a decent set of s10 ZR5 wheels and I couldn't be happier. I also found an old dual snrokel hood. All in all I'm happy and I still love my car. I will try to attach some pictures if yall have any questions feel free to ask.