Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My custom aluminum front bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Alright,

I want one! Here is an idea. Some holes with lights mounted inside on the fame, yet flush with the surface. --or even better, pickup a couple headlight assembly's that you could mount flush inside the bumper, and use them as powerful fogs. I dont know, that may look kinda goofy depending on what car/truck they came off of. Just a thought.
Good job though, It looks great like it is.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Beginning Member
blademasterii is on a distinguished road

I am going a bit more understated with this build. If I were planning on going offroad with it then it would be getting a lot of different options. I think my next build might be building boxes into the rear factory bumper. Put the factory plastic cover on a hinge, lift it up and reveal a lockable aluminum box built into the bumper. Just trying to figure out how to build the box waterproof. I have some solutions, but most are fairly labor intensive. I figure if I can build the boxes they will be a great place to carry tow straps and a select bunch of repair tools.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Great idea on the bumper storage box! I've seen a rear bumper made to be used as an air tank that could hold enough air to inflate a 33" tire or air mattresses etc.
However you build the bumper make the lid/s for it with a 1/4" or so lip. Where the lid would contact the "box" get some 3/8" thick x 1/2" wide or ?? medium density adhesive foam tape & stick it around the perimeter on the underside of the lid.
That's pretty much how we build junction boxes on railway signal masts that are exposed 24/7/365 to the elements.

Rethinking this you can get a spring loaded piano hinge for the plastic & check out surplus stores & companies your marine company deals with for weather proof lockable handles etc. The marine industry has to have those. I know my bass boat has them on the storage compartments.

Last edited by Rottidog; 09-29-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
slaughterbaby is on a distinguished road

well if you ever get everything set up and figured out and you want to make some to special order ill be glad to save some cash for one. was telling a guy at work about yours. he built one for his jeep while back just not the same kind of design.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member
blademasterii is on a distinguished road

What kind of special order one were you thinking about?