Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

my MINNESNOWTA winter beater build!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Beginning Member
hylander6361 is on a distinguished road

sure could, maybe enough to make a snowball to throw at my girlfriend lol

and yeah if i remember right i think NOAA and the farmers alminac had conflicting predictions for this winter. one said cold with more then avg. and the other said cold with far less then avg snowfall. we shall see, either way its going to be cold!!!

as far as the ABS fuse is concerned i really am not sure, when i bought it i asked the guy if he looked into the ABS problem he said he cleaned the connectors and didnt look into it further, i even asked about the fuses he said it was fine. had it at a shop for a pre purchase inspection they didnt see it, even had them do a diag. on the CEL and ABS after i bought it and they didnt see it. THEN i had it at a different shop for some of the work i listed earlier and they didnt see it. my only thought is someone pulled it out to check and didnt put it back in. dont know who. i doubt anyone other then a mech. would pull that fuse out. but IDK

Old 11-19-2015, 07:53 AM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Sorry I don't have anything to contribute to the ABS thread, but thankfully I don't think we are expecting that much snow. I live in Winterset, a little south of Des Moines - The birthplace of John Wayne and the Bridges of Madison County. Whoo hooo right??

Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member

well sounds like iowa got hammered with the snow, we got just a dusting here in rochester, but it was enough to know that i will most definitely need new tires for this winter. just that little bit of ice and snow was a tad scary, also first time driving my blazer in the winter, and ive only had it for about a month so that doesn't help lol

Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member

well not alot has happened lately but i just wanted to update a few things, i had it in to a local shop to do an alignment because i had all that front work done. and right after that the starter took a crap. got that replaced and looking at the bad one i am amazed it lasted this long... the thing was a pile of crap!! hahah rusty as hell as far as i can tell i think its the original. so not bad since it lasted 158k miles lol. it did start a little hard before but not it starts like a dream!! and drives nice and straight! so thats nice!

pulling the trigger on some tires this week from tirebuyer.com decided to go with some firestone winterforce UV tires 235/75/15 for the stock wheels. they were super cheap and had really good reviews. and the best part is its a snow rated tire but you can use it all season. not great for ice but had really good ratings for snow. still better then a standard all season tire IMO. we shall see how they are but it will be nice to have some decent tires, i have been lucky so far with no major snow storms or anything here in SE MN on my really bad tires i bought it with

Old 12-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Beginning Member

i will post some pictures when i get the new tires on. hopefully by next winter i will have some new wheels to go with the new tires