Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

This is going to be awesome even though it looks pretty funny right now on the rollers.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't make it 3 miles in this state without getting pulled over in a truck lifted that much! And forget about getting an inspection sticker ...

I remember back in my high school days, if anyone drove any sort of 4x4, the cops would bring out the tape measure ... and tell us they were going to fine you by the inch. MA just makes the laws up as they go ....

Lucky you live in a FREE state.

If you ever find yourself driving that up here in the northeast, you'd also have to watch for low bridges too ...

Nice job!!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Leave it like it is and drive around the inner city

Old 04-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member
WHOSBAD is on a distinguished road

Keep the gasser look and bring the exhaust out thru the wheelwells.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
This is going to be awesome even though it looks pretty funny right now on the rollers.

Yeah I'm excited now and have a drive to get it finished up!

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
I wouldn't make it 3 miles in this state without getting pulled over in a truck lifted that much! And forget about getting an inspection sticker ...

I remember back in my high school days, if anyone drove any sort of 4x4, the cops would bring out the tape measure ... and tell us they were going to fine you by the inch. MA just makes the laws up as they go ....

Lucky you live in a FREE state.

If you ever find yourself driving that up here in the northeast, you'd also have to watch for low bridges too ...

Nice job!!

I have state inspections to worry about here as well but it helps to know someone at the inspection station VA is far from free unfortunately I have to pay a personal property tax on all of my vehicles every year and its based on whatever the state decides the vehicle should be worth!!

Originally Posted by newguy
Leave it like it is and drive around the inner city

I should head down to SE DC and see how long before I get scared enough to leave lol!! I can't carry my 45 (legally) there so it probably wouldn't take long with all the looks I would get!

Originally Posted by WHOSBAD
Keep the gasser look and bring the exhaust out thru the wheelwells.

HAHA right maybe when I do my motor swap next winter Ill have to mock that up just because!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Got my tires mounted this am and threw them on the front. I also figured out why I had a bit of a hard time getting my leafs attached to the hangers yesterday. I had attributed it to them being tighten to the axle and having a wierd angle or something but when I put the 37s on it I could see that the driver side looks perfect and the passenger side was way to far forward. I looked at the springs and I have them on in different directions doh! Thats alright as soon as the rain stops I will have to take them out anyway to finish burning everything in so I will swap the pass side around then.
You can see its forward of center a bit.

And here is the driver side back a bit more and looks much better.

And here is the driver side fender measurement as of right now

Now if the rain will stop I will get the rear under there and make sure everything looks good and get it welded up!

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-6c5e5d5e-1f04-4f8f-a36f-9d978ef46c47_zpsssxbvagm.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-2e1921c9-7287-47fd-9816-4b6d2c886499_zpsfocp4boj.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-31e9749f-7419-4c2a-b11c-50aa5f3b446e_zpsb1w4svvw.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-0f765d72-51d9-4d6b-b7c3-ff4f18055fa2_zpsnktvtsac.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

That is going to be really tall, too tall for my liking. Did you put any thought into going spring under?

Old 04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

No I didn't. It is a bit tall but I'm hoping that once the rear is done and everything is put back together and it settles out a bit it won't look so tall. I have noticed that a lot of the builds I have looked at seem really tall and disproportionate until the front bumper is put back on. I may end up playing with the springs a bit to if it stays so tall looking once finished. I am thinking of going with a newer bumper for the time being to just until I get around to building a new one so that it will take up some space and have a valance on it. I am thinking something like Diata's style.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Cool, keep up the good work!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Looks really good with the 38's on there, but dang that's tall! Good think you're tall too.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build