Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I hope so! I was just reading thru this thread bottom of the driver door measurments - S-10 Forum on s10 and I'm really not that tall. I'm at 33.5" bottom of the drivers door so once I flip the leafs around and such it really should work out to be a pretty average height for an SFA blazer. And like you said once I build a bumper and put my winch back on that should help it come back to earth a bit to.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I think the rear axle looks good personally, I would trim the bumper/build a new one before flipping the springs around. If you look at the location of the rear tire and front of the rear wheel well, if you go any further forward the tire won't have room to flex.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I was thinking that but my dshaft is way to short with it pushed back the way it is

Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

looks awesome rex

Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

That just means it's time for a new driveshaft

What's "way" too short? What about one of those plates to push the axle forward an inch?

I guess you can always try it out to see how it looks.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'll have to actually get under there and see where everything ends up. So far I just held my shaft and it looked like I was coming up like 2-3" short. I really hate it when that happens! I'll have to see how much I can actually slide the yoke out if the back of the transmission before I can make a final call.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Looking bad ***. It does look like the axle needs to come up a bit though to the front of the truck.
Now you need to swap a bigger engine in there.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by richphotos
Now you need to swap a bigger engine in there.
I was just talking to myself about this today and the fact that I'm going to need a really tall engine hoist!! The motor swap will be next on the list after bumpers are built. The plan is to build those as soon as the swap is complete as I have time over the summer and then find a motor and spend the winter going thru it and gathering parts and then swap it in this time next year. But like all thing with me and my impatience that timeline may get bumped up lol!

Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

LOL I am really curious on the difference you see in that 4.3 now.

You gonna drive it out to MN so we can do a photoshoot or what?!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build