Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I would likely get laughed at at most inspection stations but since I have a good friend I'm ok. Id rather just leave va to and move to a place that doesn't have inspections. We are planning to move to FL in two years so that will be nice they don't care about crap down there!

Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I would likely get laughed at at most inspection stations but since I have a good friend I'm ok. Id rather just leave va to and move to a place that doesn't have inspections. We are planning to move to FL in two years so that will be nice they don't care about crap down there!
But then you have to lower your truck. No lifted trucks down there

Old 06-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Starting Member
WalkGood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
But then you have to lower your truck. No lifted trucks down there
Gonna need lifted trucks when the oceans rise over the land!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

There's lots of lifted trucks just most of them are like all the jeeps around here F-ing mall crawlers!!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 04:11 AM
monkeytruckin is on a distinguished road

Hey Rex! Just got done reading this encyclopedia sized build thread! I need reimbursed for time spent reading! lol. J/k. Your Blazer has come along way. I will make a build thread here as well. Just have to clean my garage out. Have no room once I rolled my 36'' tires in there. Should have planned that one a little better! lol Thanks for steering me over here!

Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Beginning Member
Shadow421 is on a distinguished road

Michigan doesnt have inspections. Im in tge clear as far as that goes. The cops dont seem to bother lifted vehicles too much unless you are doing something stupid.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Officials in MA usually make the law up as they go ... just like the feds today.

Hey Rex - don't know if you already mentioned this before or not ... but what's the capacity of that winch? 10k lbs.? More?

Old 06-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

It's a warn 8000lb

Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Nice - that'll do the job. Can't go wrong with Warn.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah I've pulled myself up a long and steep hill in about 14-16" of wet and heavy snow while plowing snow with my front bumper and it handled it like a champ! I did about 6-7 almost full length pulls in about an hour and it never even blinked an eye at the work. Not bad since I only paid $300 for it

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build