Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the compliment!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JavierEscalonJr
i gotta say that blazer is beautiful and gives me some ideas, had mine for almost 5 years never done anything to it expect rebuild the trans
rebuilding the trans on its own is a huge project, props.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I agree %100 I'm dreading the up coming shift servo and filter swap that I'm going to be doing let alone a full rebuild!!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

it was a nightmare and next is probably rebuilding the engine mine got 270,xxx miles on it, might use your idea for locking the front diff

Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

love the build thread rex uve given me some interesting ideas. where did u get the universal posi lock cable? and what was the part number? im also thinking of building a storage setup as well to hide all my nick nacks. i have a storage box for my roof rack for all my fluids,recovery gear and such but i keep my tools and important stuff inside.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

The posi lock is still one of my best mods IMO. It works perfect everytime Heres a link to the cable and the rest of the parts are all listed on the first page of my build thread for anyone interested. My favortie part of the raised floor in the back is the ability to have everything I need back there and tucked away safely and securely and still be able to throw a load of groceries in the back without fear of a tool box smashing the eggs lol!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM

thx rex ill order that up soon and eliminate the vacum driven actuator.this way i know it wont kick out oif 4wd when needed most.keep up the good work rex

Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road

Rex...awesome work. My ignorance is much less after reading your intire thread (yes, the whole thing) you really have invested your time and skills to benefit us all. I have a much better idea of what I want out of my truck. Sorry about the last convo we had....bud...lol. Sometimes writing instead of talking takes things out of context. Apparently you've paid your dues and your work and knowledge shows. As for likes, lined rockers, shelf system..mine will have a drawer ( I'm kind of a neat freak), roof rack and clean wirimg, and the posi lock setup...saves me from swapping out diffs other than with the zr2 ones. Thanks again for this thread.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

No problem Gitch anytime!! Thank you for inspiring a few more ideas and giving me a kick in the butt to get some things done that I've been putting off!

Thanks tech! I really do want to help people out as much as possible on here unless you are on my "I don't really care for you" list lol!! You are not on the list
I plan on putting a drawer in mine at some point as well and have been kicking around ideas and think I have my plan! Now I just need my truck back so I can actually work on it

Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM

yea no problem rex keep up the good work a few ppl including u and benidicts blazer got me going on my jimmy. what u plan on doing to yours next if i may ask?

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build