Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Have fun bro! great truck!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Your truck looks awesome btw. It looks like you need an add a leaf for the rear. I have new leafs at the moment and monroe coilovers in the rear but taking them out and putting in air shocks and a long add a leaf i made. I think im going to take off my front valence now lol. Your truck will look pretty much close to mine after the bottom bedlined. Hers a pic of mine on 31" MTZ's also

Last edited by PaulO2288; 01-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the compliment!!! As for the back needing some help I agree. I actually just picked up some 2in shackles from Ebay. I won the auction on Friday night so they should be here early this week. Seeing your truck had motivated me to get my bed liner done. I will get some pics up so get this accomplished ooh and did I mention I love that shot of your truck!!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Thanks guys! TheRandom1 I was a bit concerned about that as well but the compression fitting is really honeslty not very tight around the cable (hence the extra clamp) its more there as a way to hold everything inline and make sure there are no sharp edges to damage the cable. And with it being under the battery tray and all I think I should be ok. One thing that I forgot to mention and is not listed on the website for the cable is that it has a thick plastic coating inside the outer cable to ensure that won't rust and prevent it from sliding properly. I will keep you informed if I have any issues with it though. Also I should mention my roof rack was delivered yesterday. I can't have it till xmas tho Its a gift from my father in law.
Thanks man i appreciate it. Im probably going to be trimming the top part of my fender because with my soft torsion bars (should be getting zr2 tbars soon), stiff shocks, and bump stops i cant get it to stop rubbing on the top of the fender and killing my old tires and im not doing it to these new even larger tires lol. I dont want to crank up my front end and make my cv angles worse and go through them even faster, and ive been looking around on the rough country 2.5" lift the front diff drop bracket really doesn't do much it looks like at all so its kind of a waster imo but only time will tell

Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Today I got these in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be able to get them put on at work tomorrow weather permitting. Picture will be posted.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Today I got these in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be able to get them put on at work tomorrow weather permitting. Picture will be posted.
Very nice, Im more of an add a leaf guy compared to shackles but it will do the job. Be sure to post pics of how it turns out!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

I thought about the add a leaf but I won these on ebay for $39.95 shipped and they are so easy to install I just put them on this morning at work and it only took like 45 min start to finish including removing my sway bar.

As promised!!!

The truck is on a small incline to the passenger side.
Passenger side before

Passenger side after

Driver side before

Driver side after

The sway bar removed

And just some of the truck. Stupid me didn't take any this morning before I started oops owell there are plenty of it on here before.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Starting Member
chcknugget is on a distinguished road

Looks good dude, keep truckin!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

A little flex after the shackles and sway bar removal

Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Truck looks real good. I want to do the 2 tone to mine, not sure if i want bedliner or glossy black since i dont really want to go for the off road look. I just want something agressive looking.

What does it do for your truck to take off the rear sway bar?

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build