Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Just read this whole thing... Awesome Blazer! There's nothing like that "factory" look.

Waaaay back on page 16 or 17, you got the baja light bar. I clicked on the link, and found them for sale. Do you have any pictures of how it mounts? That's the exact style of bar I want in front of my '95. Is it a bolt in deal, or did you have to fab up some mounts?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the conpliments!!
Mounting was easy! It comes with all the hardware all you have to do is line it up and mark where you want it drill four holes and bolt it on! I used clamps to hold it in place and mark it then pulled the bumper off drilled the holes attached the bar and reinstalled the bumper by myself in 30-45 min including time to find my clamps and proper size drill bits. I can get some close ups of the mounts if you would like just let me know!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
bryanbc is on a distinguished road

What kind of wheel spacers did you use for the rear tires?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I can get some close ups of the mounts if you would like just let me know!
That would be nice! No hurry, though, just when you get a chance. I had looked into grill/brush guards before, but there aren't any, really, for '95-'97 Everything seems to be for '98+. I really like the style of the baja challenger/eliminator. It's different from all the guys in 3/4 ton trucks with ranch hands around here.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bryanbc
What kind of wheel spacers did you use for the rear tires?
I honestly don't have a clue!! I picked them up from friend and fellow BF member okiedoak when he installed his BDS lift about a month ago. I asked him and he didn't remember either lol.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cleburne red
That would be nice! No hurry, though, just when you get a chance. I had looked into grill/brush guards before, but there aren't any, really, for '95-'97 Everything seems to be for '98+. I really like the style of the baja challenger/eliminator. It's different from all the guys in 3/4 ton trucks with ranch hands around here.
Yeah I like the grill/brush guard but just not on my truck if you get what I'm sayin! I'll get some pics tomorrow for you for sure

Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yeah I like the grill/brush guard but just not on my truck if you get what I'm sayin! I'll get some pics tomorrow for you for sure

They look good on some trucks. I guess I'm just tired of seeing them; we drive F550's at work with HUGE grill guards on them.

I really like the ARB "nudge bar", but judging by the price, ARB likes them as well! And they don't have one for Blazers, anyway.

Thanks in advance for the pictures!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah ARB makes nice stuff but way overpriced!! I had an ARB winch bumper on my Rover when I had it and loved it but I wouldn't invest that kind of money on one again.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Ok so this question is a bit late, but how did you attach the front hitch receiver to the frame?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Starting Member
WalkGood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WalkGood
Great tutorial! I enjoy reading about your mods, thanks for taking the time to document. Much appreciated.

I forget - where did the fans come from?

Unless I misread, why do you need an on-off switch in the cab?

Where did you mount the temp sensor for the controller? Near the upper radiator hose section of the radiator fins?

Thanks again! great job!
Just a polite reminder ... :-)

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build