Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Very nice! Nice job on keeping the lines straight, a buddy of mine did that on his Ranger and he royally messed up masking it off. Strike 1) driving a Ranger. Stirke 2) Bad masking job. I still give him crap about it to this day lol.

And as for the baking soda, I feel for you. Had a cat pee on all of the walls in my office at my house a year ago. 2 months later, 3 coats of killz primer with 409 being applied between each coat, 2 coats of valspar hi-def paint, and daily spraying with febreeze the smell was finally gone. It was my sister's cat and that is the only thing that stopped me from shooting that stupid cat.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Today I got these on CL I picked it all up for $55. I will probably rebuild the jack but for the price I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Wow it's a great day first i find the awesome deal on the jack and now I just won a brand new Cobra 29ltdchr for $59.50 shipped!!!!! And my baby boy is being induced at 7am tomorrow

Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Congrats!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

congrats on the new addition

Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Well I'm back from my paternity leave

I didn't get much done in the way of actual work on the Blazer but I did manage to get some things ordered. First thing was the rebuild kit for the Hi-lift. Then I ordred a handle keeper and the 4xrac mounting system and I will adapt that to my roof rack when it arrives. I am also looking around for some new tires right now. And then today this came...

Brand spankin new for $59.50 shipped can't beat that with a stick!!!! I still have to order the antenna, coax, and mount for it yet but that will be done no later than next week.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Some progress was made today!! I got my CB installed and looking pretty (still waiting on the mic keeper). I just have a wierd issue now when I "key the mic" as Cobra put it my truck loses power to the point that it almost dies every single time. I have the SWR set properly and I can transmit and receive but I just don't know how to stop it from trying to die on me. Anyone ever heard of this and if so whats the solution please? I also got my Hi-lift mount and did a bit of modification to make them fit my roof rack. I won't be mounting it for a bit yet tho. Here are some pics...

Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Starting Member
PlanB4x4 is on a distinguished road

looking good!!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PlanB4x4
looking good!!

agreed

Old 02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys!!

Today a picked up some lights for my roof rack! I am putting three across the front and one centered facing backwards on the rear. I just mounted them up on the front to see how they would look. No time to adjust and get all the wiring done today but heres a couple pics and of course when I am finished there will be more.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build