Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Craig!! I decided to give it a bath today and take a few shots on a rock in front of my shop. I wish the stupid tree wasn't there making all the shadows but owell it is what it is. Here's a couple pics....

Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I picked up some new tires today!! One of my best CL finds to date. They are Goodyear Wrangler Authorities. I got all four in 31x10.5x15 with under 3k miles on them for $200 they are still like brand new!!!!! I have read mixed reviews but for the price there was no way I could pass on them. I will get them mounted early next week but heres a couple pics for now.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Very nice!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Sweet deal!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

did you see any benefits from the Airaid TBS ? and which Throttle body mods was the other guy saying about ?

Thanks

Old 04-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys!!

As far as the TBS is concerned I don't really think there is any benefit to it. I think all it does is make an annoying whistling sound everytime you accelerate. I am averaging about 15mpgs right now so there is definatly not a huge gain from it at all. I will be taking it off as soon as I'm not lazy anymore. I would recomend saving your money and get a different mod.

The throttle body mod we are talking about is the removal of the baffle/flange (not sure if thats the correct term for it help me out guys). If you look at the pics of my throttle body you can see that one side has a flat surface where as the other side has a flange sticking off of it. Removing this allows air to get into the motor a little quicker there by inproving low end throttle response. I have not done this mod so I can't speak for its effectiveness but I know there are a couple guys on here that have. Do a search and see what you come up with I think swartlkk has done a small write up somewhere about it.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
r0k0 is on a distinguished road

alright cool, is that in the How to section ?

Thanks for the Airaid TBS , wont be buying it

can you come in my thread for help on the suspension ? i dont want to threadjack yours

Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Nice tires man ....

Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

That's an awesome deal for those tires!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
PhiladelphiaUnion is on a distinguished road

I am a newb when it comes to cars, and joined this fourm to learn a lot and after reding through this whole post I can say you taught me a few things. Let me just say this is the sweetest blazer ive ever seen looks like something out of jurassic park, AMAZING keep it up man.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build