Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Nice!! Love getting help from the kiddos lol. Slows work down a bit, but its worth every moment... my daughter bugs me during the summer when I work on the blazer in the driveway lol... gonna start getting her to do more now tho.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

It was a big weekend for me in the milestone department lol. I still have to go back and properly secure all the airline and I need to find some 90 degree PTC bulkhead fittings for the front but this was my proof of concept setup to myself running super ghetto off my daily.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:53 PM
BF Veteran

Lol thats awesome!!

Old 01-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Id say major progress there! I've always wanted to do a build on bags. The condition of roads around here make running anything lowered impossible.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I got laid off at the beginning of January and decided to start a business so I haven't had any time to do anything with this but roll it out into the driveway and back into the garage a few times a week. It's likely going to end up in storage for a while since I need space at home for business activities which sucks but sometimes other priorities take priority lol.

I did buy a new truck last week though!

Last edited by rexmburns; 03-03-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Oh man. You got laid off? That sucks. But wow, a new business? That is cool!!!

You have now impressed me for a second time with your resilience. The first was when I realized you were doing all of your car maintenance in a duplex garage!

But, then again. Are we going to have to schedule an intervention with you regarding your choice of truck brand??

Old 03-04-2021, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran

Sold the blazer for a vw. And didn't you get your wife an explorer? Your lucky you got the c10, I would start to question your thoughts lol.

I am intrigued in what your new business is, your very handy is customization. Along those lines?

Old 03-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by christine_208
Oh man. You got laid off? That sucks. But wow, a new business? That is cool!!!

You have now impressed me for a second time with your resilience. The first was when I realized you were doing all of your car maintenance in a duplex garage!

But, then again. Are we going to have to schedule an intervention with you regarding your choice of truck brand??
Honestly I knew the layoff was coming and was relieved when it happened. I had to go ford though sorry. I don't like the Chevy interiors and lack of center console shifter plus the ecoboost is just a rocket ship that pulls like a freight train!

Originally Posted by DonL
Sold the blazer for a vw. And didn't you get your wife an explorer? Your lucky you got the c10, I would start to question your thoughts lol.

I am intrigued in what your new business is, your very handy is customization. Along those lines?
Don't worry the c10 will be with me for a VERY long time lol!

I'm finally taking the plunge into building furniture for a "profit" lol! I figure actually making money building furniture isn't going to pay many bills in the short term so on top of that I'm doing custom carpentry in the form of accent walls, built ins etc which so far IS proving to be profitable and I'm booked out for the next month and a half already with several other quotes still awaiting response.

We just got all the licensing and insurance crap sorted and finished a few days ago.

I've got 3 good friends who are realtors referring me and I am partnering with another friend who is an interior designer. She is actually putting a piece on our local community magazine for us as part of me helping her out on cost for a project we are doing together for the magazine owner which I thought was pretty cool of her to do! Plus we (my wife and I) are officially hiring our marketing firm tomorrow to help build our website, branding and marketing.

Things are moving fast and at times it seems overwhelming but thank god for my wife and her intelligence and organization or I'd never figure all this stuff out!

Today while waiting for resin filled knots on the bookshelf to dry I knocked out this simple little table for a customer as a "proof of concept" I suppose who has a picnic business. Once she looks this one this weekend she is going to order 7 more just like that I can batch out and build in a day. I've got $55 in materials and 2 hours labor in the first one which will be cut significantly for the rest since I can set up stop blocks and make all the cuts quick then it's just drilling pocket holes and screwing them together quick. Not too bad at $200 a table!

Old 03-11-2021, 04:54 AM
BF Veteran

Thats a beautiful table! Nice hand skills! Wifes been bugging me to make her dog stairs, told her she has to wait until we get our place around the end of summer, the apartment is way too small lol...

Glad to hear it's going well for you...