Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

New

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Kylegloer is on a distinguished road
Default New

Badges removed and front gmc logo blacked out. Already put in new spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor and also new ball joints

Rims are getting sand blasted, and painted black

Old 04-09-2019, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looks good... what plans do you have for her?

Old 04-09-2019, 08:22 AM

DonL, thanks, the plan at the moment, is to get the rims painted black.
and when the time comes i will hopefully be getting some bf goodrich ko2 tires.
i am also going to be getting a new gibson cat back exhaust in summer,
any suggestions of things to do or look over?

Old 04-09-2019, 08:46 AM
BF Veteran

Depending on mileage, keep an eye on your antifreeze level. The lower intake manifold gasket tend do go, time consuming job but not the hardest. Hubs and steering components, if you spend more time on pavement you should be good. A lot of blazer get "back end sag", new leaf springs/add a leaf kit/lift shackles will solve this. Try not to adjust your front ride height with the torsion keys, you will cause more wear on parts...

I for one would look into hub centric spaces for the rear, 1.25"-1.5", a lot of people(including myself) have noticed better handling, and you have a few saying they are not recommended.

If you do want to do some light offroading with a little more clearance, the rough country 2.5" lift is good, or a body lift will accomplish the same.

Skid plates is a must as well for offroading, look for aluminum ones, but if carbon fiber ones are all you can find, it's better then nothing.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 AM

DonL, thanks for the suggestions man, i would love to do that 2.5 inch lift soon, i live in canada woth lots of snow and i think that would really help out.
and the issue with the rear offset will be fixed with the new rims, i got 2 with a deeper offset to help push out the wheels just alittle bit, and the other 2 rims are the normal offset

Old 04-09-2019, 11:30 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kylegloer
DonL, thanks for the suggestions man, i would love to do that 2.5 inch lift soon, i live in canada woth lots of snow and i think that would really help out.
and the issue with the rear offset will be fixed with the new rims, i got 2 with a deeper offset to help push out the wheels just alittle bit, and the other 2 rims are the normal offset
What offset will your spare be? Might look funny if you ever have to put it on and have one oddball wheel lol.

Nice looking truck, though!

Old 04-09-2019, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran

I hear yea, I'm in Ontario. I did the 2.5 lift over a spand of a weekend. As well as I did an add a leaf. Good call on the rims, I thought about that, but I would need 2 spares, just because I would be bugged by the 1 nine matching rim, even if it's just to get to the shop lol...

Old 04-09-2019, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran

Oh, forgot to mention, might be a good idea to check/redo 4x4 vacuum lines...

Old 04-09-2019, 01:48 PM

DonL, yeah i am going to have my spare the same as the front tire, but i would not want 2 spares because that is alot of room being taken up especially iff your just driving around with them, even though it is different offset front and back they are still the same width and should be too bad for a day or too

Old 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Those stock Jimmy rims are my 2nd fav S-Series wheels (just behind the ZR5 rims).

Pretty color, too...