Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

NVANZEE's build

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
itsmejonnyb is on a distinguished road

thats going to be a sick blazer!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys. I will probably be a while before another picture update. Im going to be cleaning up the frame and firewall at paint it with something. Not sure what im using yet. I also plan on doing the inner side of the fenders. Now im debating pulling the whole body of and cleaning and painting the whole frame along with the underside of the body. Since now would be the perfect time to do it. If i do anything worth taking a picture i will be sure to post it. It may be a couple weeks though.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Beginning Member

nvanzee how bad do those 33's rub? love the look of them they just seem super wide. also have you had any problems with your super lift and your cv axles do they wear out pretty quick?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 PM

they only rub slightly when at full compression. Im thinking about lifting it a little higher and going with 35s. No problems with the lift really other than the front end parts wear out was due to the tires. I replace hubs, and ball joints every year and tie rod ends every other year. Thats the nice thing about lifetime warrenty parts from autozone. Its hard to say with the cvs. It depends on how much the tbars are cranked and what you do with it. I end up replacing mine every year and a half or so. Its hard to use my truck as an example though cause i beat on it more than the average person. I snapped a cv shaft last spring but that was because the truck was airborne at the sand dunes.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member

thats not bad im thinking about buying a 6 in lift just want to make sure im not going to have to be replacing things every other month or anything. nice looking truck though i like it alot

Old 12-14-2011, 10:55 AM

I have been extremely busy the last few weeks so i havent had time to post picture updates. I have been out in the garage every night until i can barely keep my eyes open. As of right now i have painted the front of the frame and firewall. Ran new front brake lines. Installed a new heater box with AC delete. Along with getting the motor in and bolted up. Im currently working on the wiring. I hope to finish that up tonight. My goal is to be able to rig up a makeshift fuel supply and fire it up this weekend. Just to make sure everything is working before taping up the harnesses and putting the front clip on. I will try to upload some pics tonight when i get home from work.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 AM

ok, finally getting to the pics.

Got the frame painted, new front brake lines ran, new heater box with out A/C, and the new 1950 stall torque converter, and the motor mounts bolted on.

heres a few of the motor ready to go in

The motor is finally in place and bolted up to the frame and transmission. Even with everything out of the way it was still a PITA to get in place.

Then i started working on the wiring. I wanted to keep it as neat as possible. Got rid of all the extra connectors and wires for the things i no longer have. I also extended some connectors so i could clean up the firewall and move everything to a new location. Both engine harnesses are now at the back of the motor, barely visible. Heres a pic of the mess of wires i was dealing with. Its still not completely done.

Next i decided to get it ready for a test run. I attempted to bolt on the exhaust manifolds only to find out they dont fit. The drivers side was overlapping the frame with no way to attach a pipe. The passenger side wouldnt even clear the upper shock mount. So back to the internet i went. Didnt really find much. A friend of a friend of a friend has done a few v8 swaps and said i need manifold from an 80s camaro or a 93-94 caprice. Got some from a friend off an 88 camaro for $20. Drivers side fits perfect. Passenger side fits but the back bolt wont go in due to the bolt hole being about .75in off. So i still need to find something for the passenger side.

Today i decided to try and fire it with just a few bolts in the exhaust manifolds and not pipes after that. I rigged up a fuel pump in a bucket and ran some lines since the fuel tank is out. Hooked up the necessary wires and turned the key. It was kinda firing but wouldnt stay running. Adjusted the timing slightly and........ it fired right up and continued to run!
starting up Blazer with new 350 - YouTube

Now i just need to wrap up all the wiring, find a manifold for the passenger side and get the front end put back on.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:54 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

warning about the loud music would have been awesome man. haha

looks good and sounds pretty good too. enjoy that v8

Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Looks like you could use some new rubber too.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 AM

haha sorry about it being loud. I was gonna say something but forgot. It was 1:30am and i was falling asleep.

Those tires are just what i put on for the winter. that way i dont get flat spots on my good tires.

Quick Reply: NVANZEE's build