Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

NVANZEE's build

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like it!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I remember back when I was looking into it, there was a plate or adapter of some sort to allow the camaro manifold to bolt to those style heads. The hole being off was normal, but that's all I really remember.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

hmmm i will have to do some searching for that. thanks

Old 01-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Well i finally found a manifold the "fits" on the passenger side. The only issue was the shock mount was in the way so instead of trimming it and re bracing it. I just cut it off. So i will have to make a new one. I now have all the wiring done and routed how i want it. I hope to finish running the brake lines today along with a few other little things. I will post some more pics when theres some progress thats picture worthy.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like it very nice job so far

Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 PM

A little update for you guys.
The brake lines are done and the system was bled. I used a master cylinder from an 03 blazer since it has two 1/4in lines coming out vs. one 1/4 and one 3/16. From there i went to a combination valve for an 05 express van. Then to all the wheels.
I am just about done rigging up some temporary exhaust so that its quiet enough to be able to adjust the rocker arms.
I also just finished painting the top side of the new fender liners i bought. So i should be able to assemble the front clip tomorrow and get it ready to go back on the truck.

All i need to buy and install now is a fuel cell, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, power steering gear, idler & pitman arms, coolant hoses, power steering hoses, and a blower motor for the new heater box.

I hope to have it done by the end of the month as i have an offroading trip planned!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 AM

It RUNS! I just fired it up yesterday and drove it around the parking lot at the shop. I still have some work to do before its completely done though. Still gotta mount some electric fans, get a MAF sensor for a 5.7 since it runs a little rough with the 4.3 MAF, and make some mounts for the fuel cell. I promise I will get some pics up soon. I have been very busy working 60hrs plus going to school and working on the truck almost every night till 2am. Sleep has been on the bottom of my priority list. lol I also just bought an 05 silverado that i have working on too.

Last edited by NVANZEE; 02-12-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Looking good! Im close to wrapping my v8 swap up too. Did you order the heater box online or u grab it from a junkyard?

Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 PM

i got the heater box from the chevy dealer i work at. I doubt you will be able to find one at a junk yard since a non AC blazer/s10 is extremely rare. Nobody at the dealership has ever seen one without it

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

I was hoping to find one, but noticed the non ac version is rare. My install will never be considered pretty, usually covered in mud anyways..lol..but having the ac part doesnt make getting to the rear header bolt all that easy.

Quick Reply: NVANZEE's build