Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Off Road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

with Second Skin luxury liner pro, it is ensolite and regular luxury liner combined. i left all my original padding and such.

if you do a layer of deadener on the floor followed by luxury liner pro and stock, your panels will be pushed in and up so it'll become a tight fit. my rear seats now rub on the panels when i fold them flat.

my truck and panels are completely covered by raam mat bxt 2. the floor then has a full layer of luxury liner pro. the walls and panels are then covered by ensolite.

i had to take the layer of luxury liner pro off the wheel wells because it pushed my side panels up too much to fit. the sail panel window latches wouldn't fit into the correct spot on the panel no matter what i did after all that. so i cut the layer of LLP off and layered some ensolite down. still have a very very quiet truck so i can't complain.

this was my build on here with my truck and my brother's Avalanche which both got the same treatment. his a little more but he has more money than me obviously

https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...r-build-47480/

Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 PM
2001Blue is on a distinguished road

Day One of the sound deadening. Going well so far I think.

1 Layer of BXT on the floor so far. Probably double up in some areas

2 Layers of BXT II on the roof.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

good job dude. sound deadening is expensive thou how much you have invested into that?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran

sound deadener isn't what stops the noise. its what stops the rattles. ensolite and mlv are what stop the extra noise. i'm just putting the heads up out there so you don't overdo it and expect something amazing like a lot of people do

Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Yeah. I actually have like 500 dollars in BXT, BXT II, Ensolite and MLV. But some of it is also going into my girlfriend's trunk for her system. Just she didn't want to tear everything out of her car like I did. She just wants the trunk done on hers with the BXT and BXT II. Don't know why but she is stubborn about not putting in Ensolite and MLV. But her call on that really, its her car. And not getting into an argument over that makes for a quieter relationship.But because I have so much of the BXT (62.5 sq ft roll) I just did the whole floor because I can and still have enough left over for her car.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

wait.. so if i were to put some of this sound deadning stuff in my car it would stop all the rattles? it seems like a lot of noise comes from all my interior trim on my doors rattling. might have to look into this...

Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM

Okay, so day two did not go the way I planned, got out of work late, get home just finish up the passenger side wall, girlfriend comes and tells me she wants to go out. Sigh, pack up, shower and out we go.....hopefully I can finish the drivers side tomorrow and have all the deadening (minus foam and MLV) done before the wedding in Mt. Pleasant on Saturday. Weekend is a wash....

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Day three got me finished with the deadener on everything but the doors themselves. Figured I would do that when I am installing my speakers. It was dark out by time I finished so pics later

Old 08-14-2011, 01:30 AM
BF Veteran

deadener is used to stop excess metal flex and panel vibrations. it will take and absorb the vibration to a certain extent. mlv and ensolite are materials that absorb excess noise vibrations.

mlv/ensolite is like when you yell at someone directly in front of you, then try and yell at them through a thick piece of clothe. lowers the noise and doesn't allow the noise to carry as far

Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM

So this week has certainly not gone as planned. I have gotten out of work extremely late every day and haven't gotten a chance to work on my truck. Starting to **** me off. And I head for Tennessee for the weekend so no more work on it is getting done. Oh well at least the mountains will provide me with fresh air, moonshine and the ability to lay some lead from my AR (not all at the same time of course, wouldn't want to risk spilling the moonshine).

Quick Reply: Off Road Noise