Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Operation Warthog

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
_HeC_ is on a distinguished road

did u drill new holes for the hitch and mount it 2"s higher or?

Old 04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ok...not so much as a build item....but major surgery none the less.
well recently my blazer decided it had had enough of its tranny so it decided to tell me the only way it knew how....by braking down 1 block from home (lucky there)

so i immediately hoped on craigslist hoping for some sort of help...local yards want 300.00 plus for trannys. i was lucky...i somewhat local guy was parting out a recently wrecked blazer (130k on the odometer) for a 100.00 no less.
so i went and checked it out hoping for the best...sure enough wrecked blazer in yard...odometer verifiable even.

so i scooped it up and ran out to my dads pole barn where i had my baby towed (and where i do all my work). then began a fast and furious tranny swap!!

i took some pics along the way as well....esp the rear main seal.
now i have 234k and change on my ride and these pics are of what i found behind the flywheel.

close up

so it can be said at least from what i saw, that the rear main holds up well from the factory. what little oil i found was from the oil pan...so i tightened up again with a little rtv on the two rear bolts.

and this is a blatant body lift endorsement pic

look at all the room!! it was sooo nice being able to get those two top bolts.

"new" to me tranny

transcase...awaiting new seals.

old tranny on the way out.

i am thinking i am gonna have it rebuilt before fall (savin some cash for that) and toss it back in.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM
blazin-it-up18 is an unknown quantity at this point

what did you do with the fabbed bull guard? interested in selling or making another for a 97 blazer>? im doing just like you and working form the ground up one step at a time! MONEY GOES IN HAND, MONEY GOES IN TRUCK lol but its all worth it

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by blazin-it-up18
what did you do with the fabbed bull guard? interested in selling or making another for a 97 blazer>? im doing just like you and working form the ground up one step at a time! MONEY GOES IN HAND, MONEY GOES IN TRUCK lol but its all worth it
I've seen you searching for options so check this out it might help you get one on your truck a little easier!

And not related to you I saw this the other day at big lots and thought of you warthog (no homo) lol!!
Name:  IMAG1371.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  1.09 MB

Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Starting Member
matt9589 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I've seen you searching for options so check this
And not related to you I saw this the other day at big lots and thought of you warthog (no homo) lol!!
Lmao!

Attached Thumbnails Operation Warthog-imag1371.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

If i ever won the lotto that would be my ideal build...life size warthog.
That was part of the draw of choppin off the back roof portion...problem is money going into it is not worth it...that and everyone around here that has chopped of the roof has dissappeared..me thinks the results are not good.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Kreigeist89 is on a distinguished road

absolutely love this build man

Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Starting Member
ZachC540 is on a distinguished road

Love the build man!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran

thanks guys.
going to be getting some winter prep done on her shortly and change fluids out and get ready for the snow....yes i know its going to be a long time out.
however my frame needs some clean up and i have to poke around and see if i can come up with any mods to do. right now i think she is modded out for my budget.
she has been out to pasture all summer literally, parked out in the parents field next to pole barn.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
shore_boy_883 is on a distinguished road

where did you find you're brush guard?

Quick Reply: Operation Warthog