Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Black ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Bit of a slow down!

I got hit by an IDIOT!..................
Well the idiot that I parked in front of just decides to back up..........
Luckily, No damage. Well almost! Its got a bad shake at 120km/h, but the alignment was already out. So hopefully thats all thats wrong!

and that's why you should never drive into a parking spot.

and why i always give the wife **** when she does.

and Brad, did you inform said idiot that it could've been a kid and not a big black truck that was behind him?

hope you took his info, so you know where to send the bill for the alignment.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

^^My buddy was on his way over to that door to get in. GF was about to get out. It coulda been worse thats for sure.

As for the info, yes, I did. But my alignments are free from my uncle lol.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
^^My buddy was on his way over to that door to get in. GF was about to get out. It coulda been worse thats for sure.

As for the info, yes, I did. But my alignments are free from my uncle lol.
even more of a reason to send him a bill, get ur uncle some money

Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM

Well, more updates, not good ones tho.

I have begun the DEmod. All stickers (minus the Blazerforum.com ones) have been removed.
Sub and sub amp and wiring have been removed
Tomorrow I tackle the HU and Speakers + Amp removal.

After I got home from a weekend trip my dad asked me for $500 cuz he took it to a rad shop instead of letting me do it for half the price (or less). Well that brings me to a grand total of $3000 spent since I got it a year ago. I haven't even been able to get to pre-failure maintenance. I can hear a wheel bearing going, I need brakes, I have the door pins but no time to do them which is causing a wet passenger side floor. The list goes on.

So as it stands right now, it has for sale signs on it. It sucks because I LOVE this vehicle. But the ****ty thing is, is that my dad bought it for me and he has the say in what happens to it. He wants $3000 from the sale so I hope to get alot more than that out of it. Because what is left, I use as a down payment on something newer and hopefully a full size to start up my landscape company.

It is sad but I need advise!

Its a 2003 GMC Jimmy ZR2
1 of 1920 made
205 000 km
New rad, AC system, O2 sensors, fuel filter and Silverstar lights all around.

Its all stock now.

What could I get for it?

KBB says between $7200 and $6600 American for private party and $9100 for Retail. MY price is Negotiable $9000 but will take $7500. My DADS price is $6500.

Just some input. If you think I'm on something crazy, let me know. MY price is high because I want to keep it. Its not the best financial move but I love it.

Help me out guys.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Not good not good not good!!!!!

If people come to look at it, let the air out off all the tires and splash a pool of water underneath it.

Sucks that it has to go! And that it has eaten up so much of your money.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM

No more stereo. And it sucks having stock! I want LOUDNESS back!

Next to come off will be the spacers. But I'm sure I can sell them! They were good while they lasted. Got a few comments which made it worth buying them.

I hate this! Its like some form of torture!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Brad, i know i told you this before..............i don't pay retail for any of my parts. (like i told you about the oil cooler lines )

let me know if you need anything-including help.

and i've got 2 prices for those hubs if you want (off-shore & top shelf).

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

I know I know! I'm not leaking oil anymore. Which leads me to believe it was spilled and sitting in my skid plate.

It definitely needs attention. I have a grinding noise coming from the rear when I apply brake at slow speeds. New gatorback going on soon. And I need to fix the squeak. I notice it now without my music at top volume lol. The whole front end it like an orchestra. I might just get to the important stuff and wait it out till I know what I'm doing for a winter job.

I'm moving out Sept. 1st so if I sell it I have no ride to work. So that means I keep it till the snow flies at least. Which means more money to put into it but will hopefully make it more attractive to buy, or make my dad more willing to realize how much money I have into it that he didn't and just hand it over.

I hope it all works out! and I keep this thing. Cuz man it looks gnarly next to another ZR2. Those spacers look gooooooooood.

Chris PM me the prices of the hubs and a bushing set if possible!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 AM
BF Guru

Brad, you have my #'s & my email.

just make up a list of everything you need-or think you need-and i'll get some prices for you.

as for the noisy front end, is it just squeaking 'n stuff? give 'er a shot or two of WD, see if it's just dry bushings.

had that problem on my '92 for a whole Summer once. drove me up the freakin' wall! everytime you came to a stop, no matter how nice you were on the brakes, the rebound would cause all the bushings up front to squeak. i can't tell you how many cans of lube it took for it to stop bitching.

NEVER MIND THE SMARTAZZ JOKES!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM

Ive used 2 cans of silicone grease on the front. I will try WD tomorrow since its pouring out which now means I will have a puddle on the pass. floor.

I make a list and Email it to ya soon

Quick Reply: Project: Black ZR2