Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Black ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

K.

funny how these trucks have such similar issues, eh? my '98 has had the floor mat fill up with water a few times since i've owned it (3.....maybe 4 times?.....). of course, you know the carpet is soaked, and you try to dry it out................but you still can't find the sounce.

maybe i'll actually make the time to rip out the carpet & headliner to look for stains. mind you................i said the same thing last Spring!

GL with the leaking truck.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yea I dont know what to do. I've had the carpet up twice to dry it out and its just soaked so theres no path. But I have noticed a rusty watery spot coming from pass. speaker so maybe just a loose window trim or something. But when I had the panel off there was no sign of water. So I'm at a loss. I'll try to do the pin this week, I know my dad wont do it with me but I'm sure for a few beers my buddy will help me lol

As for the GrInDiNg. Its getting worse. I'm making a rough list as I type (read: as we speak lol) Chris so I will get that to ya!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ummmm...........Brad?

didn't get any mail yet.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 PM

I like the idea of a list, Not so much the actual actions Chris (read aloud like one of those artistic, musically analytical girls)

I'm typing it now.

Last edited by zedartwo; 08-23-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: forgot the rest lol
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
BF Guru

yeah, so i saw about 5 minutes later!

i'll give you a call later. maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedartwo

Its a 2003 GMC Jimmy ZR2
1 of 1920 made
205 000 km
New rad, AC system, O2 sensors, fuel filter and Silverstar lights all around.

Its all stock now.

What could I get for it?

KBB says between $7200 and $6600 American for private party and $9100 for Retail. MY price is Negotiable $9000 but will take $7500. My DADS price is $6500.

Just some input. If you think I'm on something crazy, let me know. MY price is high because I want to keep it. Its not the best financial move but I love it.

Help me out guys.
I bought my 2005 2 years ago for 7800bucks with 75,000 km's and nothing wrong... I only got 4,200 on trade for it with 101,000 kms...

Your truck is 2 years older though, with double the mileage... IMO I'd be happy if I got 7,500 for your truck

BUT you have A/C, ZR2, Automatic, Power windows, mirrors blah blah blah. You may get what you're asking, or you may not be able to be very firm on the price... Good luck on getting a fullsize, don't rush into it, I waited 4 years to find the right truck and it worked out in the end.

Last edited by oktain; 08-24-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
I bought my 2005 2 years ago for 7800bucks with 75,000 km's and nothing wrong... I only got 4,200 on trade for it with 101,000 kms...

Your truck is 2 years older though, with double the mileage... IMO I'd be happy if I got 7,500 for your truck

BUT you have A/C, ZR2, Automatic, Power windows, mirrors blah blah blah. You may get what you're asking, or you may not be able to be very firm on the price... Good luck on getting a fullsize, don't rush into it, I waited 4 years to find the right truck and it worked out in the end.
Well it sits at the end of the driveway for $8000 certified $7500 drives away with it. I'm just trying to squeeze what I can outta it. I owe my dad $3000 on it so thats take from the price.

I'm not rushing into anything. I know exactly what I want and am no settling. 2003-2007 CHEVY z71 extended cab or 4 door. Or 2004 Tahoe z71. Had both lined up but couldn't get the loan. As it seems if you only have a seasonal job, The banks don't count other income as "guaranteed" income.

I've never looked good on paper. Resumes suck, Financial I look like a bum, Education is alright but in no way spectacular. Gimme a shovel and pay, and I will dig you anything. As long as it comes with a beer at the end!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I've never looked good on paper. Resumes suck, Financial I look like a bum, Education is alright but in no way spectacular. Gimme a shovel and pay, and I will dig you anything. As long as it comes with a beer at the end!
that's the problem Brad.

banks don't like it when you get paid in beer.

they figure 1 of 2 things.
1) you're either going to be too drunk all the time to remember to pay back your loan, or...........
2) you're going to get them drunk, and just steal as much as you can from the cash drawer!

sorry.......just breakin' ***** again.

i hear ya on the issue with somebody giving you a break (ie, an honest chance). it's like getting a job. everyone wants to hire the guy with experience. but how are you suposed to get experience if you don't get the job!??

anyways, replied to your pm.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 PM

Today I was inspecting a few potential problems.

First was my grinding noise. Well I took off my rear pass. wheel and looked at the brakes. I noticed that they seemed tight. So I took a screwdriver to them to see if the was any play. Well when I went to pry at the inner pad, It fell out. Huh?!? Well I called my uncle and he walked me through my first brake removal. Pretty damn easy. So I flipped the pads for now because the outer caliper has less space for the pad to fall out again. The outer pad looked brand new which makes me wonder how long its been like this. The inner pad was destroyed! Bare metal and chipped. It just looked awful. So I will put rent money away and use the rest for ceramics and slotted rotors.

Second thing I did was replace the lug nut that was a bit too long and sticking out past the spacer making my wheel on a slight angle. Fixed that and I am happy to say I'm at a point where I can just drive it for a bit.

Next up is obviously brakes all round. Then save up $800 for a parts Jimmy I found down the road. Only thing wrong with it is the rear diff is screwed. New tranny, spare engine and everything else is good to go. That means my LED tail light may be started! It also has rims! Not bad ones either. I'm pretty sure I showed a pic of it on here when someone was asking about what the rims would look like.

Pretty sure its this one!

Does this make me look creepy that I have a pic of it at a different house lol
http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ215002874

Last edited by zedartwo; 08-26-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: found the ad
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

If the inner pad was as bad as you say, your caliper is probably frozen. If it's frozen, your inner pad would have constantly been rubbing on the rotor, therefore, wearing down to the bare metal while the other side looked new. How exactly did you switch the pads? On my Jimmy, the hook mechanisms to hold them in place are different.

Quick Reply: Project: Black ZR2