Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice to see her out playing around... you got her pretty deep I seen in one of the pics, no issue getting her out?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:04 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Ah I was stuck in that one picture lol. That hole was swallowing trucks a lot bigger than mine...but someone with a megatruck that had 6 foot tires pulled me out no problem. For the most part though I had great traction. It climbs steep hill with no slip at all and just crawls over rocks

Old 10-24-2017, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran

Nice!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:26 PM

So couple little things I got done

For one I fixed my fuel pump issue-the prongs on the plug were munged up, so I soldered on the new one that in had and it was good to go...I also think I found my fuel pressure issue I was having- it sounds like the fuel lines are leaking where they connect to the injector- so I'll have to order up some new o-rings and dig in.

Also cleaned the s**t out of my interior because it was covered in mud. While I was there I threw I. A couple under-dash panels that I took out years ago to run wires and never put back in lol.

I definitely need to build a new tranny crossmember asap..

Old 12-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Alright, so I finally started building my new tranny crossmember after I broke the last one when my driveshafts let loose at mountain madness a couple months back.

Here's a pic of the broken old one

Got the square tube cut to fit between the framerails, and notched around the front drive shaft CV joint

Mocked up

Now I have to make the cradle for the tranny mount, and weld the plate that will actually mount the crossmember to the frame.

Other things high on my priority list:
-Replace the headlight switch. It got soaked with mud and is sticking on and killing the battery

- replace o-rings that seal fuel lines to injectors. I'm pretty sure I'm missing one pair and that is the cause of my fuel pressure leakdown.

I have also decided to upgrade to a d60/corporate 14 bolt full floating axle combo out of a cucv. My d44s are too narrow and I can't turn fully because my tires rub the leafs. Besides, by the time I re-gear, put a real rear locker in, and replace my pinion yokes, it will cost the same or more as it will to buy the better axles(which already come with 4.56 gears and a rear locker.) This will probably happen come spring time.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Your Blazer looks awesome. Now I'm even more motivated to get mine on the trail. It's been like a year since I've done any wheeling, and I think I'm going through withdrawals.

It's interesting to see how you did some things differently than I did, but a bunch of things are pretty similar. I'll definitely be watching this thread from now on.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran

Looking forward to the axle swap that's gonna widen her up nicely

Old 12-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A
This is the first time I've seen this thread. Your Blazer looks awesome. Now I'm even more motivated to get mine on the trail. It's been like a year since I've done any wheeling, and I think I'm going through withdrawals.

It's interesting to see how you did some things differently than I did, but a bunch of things are pretty similar. I'll definitely be watching this thread from now on.
Thanks! I know the feeling. I was off the trails for around 2 years and I was going nuts...I used to go wheeling multiple times a week. I had to make up for it with atv/dirtbikes...still not the same though.

Donl, I can't wait to get the 1 tons. Ive wanted that axle set since my buddy got his cucv years ago. ..probly around tax time I'll hunt a set down.

I've been plugging along on the tranny crossmember, still not done, but it's getting there.

I got the driver side bracket formed, the nut welded on the inside, and welded to the crossmember.

I welded a angle iron rib inside the cv notch, to strengthen it since it's so thin there.

Then I plated over it

Old 12-29-2017, 05:36 PM

Almost got the tranny crossmember all done.

Just have to gusset the plate that the mount bolts to.

Got all the holes set and drilled for it to mount to the frame.

Also gotta weld a piece of sheet metal over that opening on the side, just so mud and dirt can't get in the crossmember.

The engine has some valve noise, and upon reading into it some, I realized I didnt follow the correct procedure when I torqued the rocker arms down. Since I have to go back in there anyway, I think those I'm going to upgrade to 1.6 ratio roller rockers.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:39 PM
dlundblad is on a distinguished road

Probably missed it, but is that S40 fan in there yet?

If so, do you notice any power gains? Those mechanical fans can really rob the power.

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer