Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Old 02-21-2018, 07:12 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

lol okay I was just curious. Interested in seeing what you come up with!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:01 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I have some 1" thick aluminum I'm planning on milling like a throttle body spacer with recessed holes for the 4 bolts, and I'll tap it for the 3 bolt

EDIT: I remembered reading something about a throttle body that bolts right up- a LS1 throttle body will bolt right up, just needs larger diameter for intake piping. (Which isn't an issue for me, because a snorkel one of my next mods) so I think i will be going that route.

EDIT MY EDIT: ^ disregard that. The ls1 throttle body bolts directly to the FACTORY upper intake. So I will be going with adapter still.

Got the upper intake painted today.

Last edited by chevyriders; 02-23-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice... that' gonna look good

Old 02-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Thanks!
Didn't get as far as I would've likened on it today, but made some progress on the throttle body adapter

Used 3/4" aluminum block, drilled a 2 3/4" hole for the throat. Layed out the 4 bolt holes to bolt it to the upper intake, drilled them. Made larger holes to countersunk the heads of 6x1.0 mm Allen head bolts

Then drilled the 3 holes to bolt the throttle body to the adapter. (13/64 drill bit, 6x1.0mm threads again.)

Now I just have to shave it down to match the shape of the throttle body so it looks like it belongs.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

That marine intake is looking good! What kind of lathe do you have?

Old 02-25-2018, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice... must be convenient with being able to make certain pieces needed for the beast...

Old 02-25-2018, 02:38 PM

Thanks guys. It's just a central machine lathe/mill combo. It's a larger one though, so it's worked for most anything I've needed. I actually ended up doing this all on a drillpress though.

It is nice to have the means to fabricate parts and a shop to work in. I'm very grateful for it.

Now for the bad news:

Last night I was informed they sell these adapters for under 25 bucks...But I said hey, I've come this far I'm going to finish, and this one is my own design.

So today I trimmed all the edges to match the throttle body so it looked nice....unfortunately after the final cut i went back to match it up and realized- I didn't account for the mating surface to the upper intake on that last cut...rookie mistake. Didn't pay enough attention and ruined the adapter... it sure was looking nice too.

But anyhow, I just ordered the damn adapter for 23 dollars to fix my mistake.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM

So, after receiving the adapter I ordered, It turned out to be for a different 4 bolt intake pattern...so I've turned my sights back to my original adapter, and that adapter will be getting tig welded and machined down to fit the gasket surface properly.

Other than that, I finished gasket matching the lower intake

I won't be able to actually get this thing installed for a couple weeks though- heading to Florida because a 61 Mercedes 190sl we restored at our shop was invited to Amelia Island Concours.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:19 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Amelia Island huh, that's like an hour from me

Old 03-07-2018, 01:21 AM

Oh, no kidding? Small world . It's supposed to be a pretty awesome car show, I'm looking forward to it. Plus the 60+ degree weather sounds nice lol. Just drove thru snow most of the down till VA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer