Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:36 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Yup, the fan is in. I couldn't tell you if I gained any power from that alone though, because I did a bunch of engine work as well before really running it again

Old 01-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Had some fun with fuel lines today

Got the new seals in, and it didn't fix my fuel pressure/ leakdown issue. Looks like the problem is in my injector assembly itself somewhere...I peeked in thru the port that feeds the vacuumn booster and saw a bit of raw fuel in there- so that kind of confirms it for me. I'll have to pull the upper intake off to figure out exactly where the leak is. Hopefully it will be something repairable because I'd rather not spend the 250 bucks to replace it.

I also believe I figured out my power drain issue. I previously believed it to be my headlight switch(Which still may have a seperate issue going on)but after charging the battery I noticed a humming coming from my alternator. Then found the battery to be dead a few minutes later. I recharged the battery, and unplugged the alternator(the humming stopped) and the battery didn't die on me after that. Seems like a good excuse to swap in an ad244!

I also got busted half snoozing in the middle of working on it...I've been pretty sick so I guess I needed the rest, but it was pretty funny when i opened my eyes to see my pops snapping this picture of me haha

Old 02-14-2018, 05:01 AM

Been a while since I've got anything done on this, but all signs seem to point to a bad injector.... So I ordered this to fix it

Marine intake manifold with regular style injectors that flow better, and are upgradeable in case I end up with more air I need fuel mixed with...(possible forshadowing)

Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

cool! I've always been interested in that conversion

Old 02-16-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
cool! I've always been interested in that conversion
I've been eyeballing it for a while, and figured what better time than now, since I would've spent half the cost or more for the injector assembly anyway.

I'll detail the swap step by step as I do it as reference for others who want to try it out.

I ordered a 8 pack of ev6 injector wiring connectors, 2 3/8ths gm quick connect to -6an connectors, and 2 5/16 quick connect to -6an

Any other little adapters or parts I need I should be able to get locally, and there's a hydrolic shop around the corner I'll have make up a set of 6an stainless braided fuel lines to run from the fuel rail to the filter area.

I should have everything by Tuesday, so hopefully I can hook it up next weekend.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

The build is looking awesome man! Glad somebody has got theirs up and all together again. How are those square tube drive shafts working out for you? (Also might steal your tranny x-member idea if it'll work because lack of tubing bender life...lol)

Old 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by awesomeamerican1
The build is looking awesome man! Glad somebody has got theirs up and all together again. How are those square tube drive shafts working out for you? (Also might steal your tranny x-member idea if it'll work because lack of tubing bender life...lol)
Haha I just posted on your build and recommended the tranny x member to you right before I saw this.

Square front shaft has worked out pretty well, I should've made the inner tube a lil longer- I had it pop apart on me in a truck pull because the truck started hopping on me(no front shocks yet...I probably shouldn't have even tried lol. I threw it back together and it was still crawling strong. It's going to get replaced soon when I do 1 tons anyhow.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:26 PM

Got the intake, adapters, and got my stainless braided fuel lines made up. Only cost me 80 bucks for both lines(60 inches each) rated up to 2000psi...so that should never be an issue lol.

Looks like I'll be swapping it out Saturday.. But I gotta find the time between now and then to paint the upper intake red, and port the lower.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:42 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I hope you haven't overlooked that manifold having an electronic throttle body on it?

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 02-21-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:29 PM

Im gonna pull that off(and hopefully resell it to recover some money). Unfortunately these manifolds are set up for a 4 bolt throttle body, so the plan is to make an adapter out of aluminum and reuse the factory throttle body. I'll also have to make a gasket , but that's the easy part lol.

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer