Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:42 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Blazer is 80.75 inches wide and the trailer deck is 84.0" so she will just fit lol. The deck is 18ft long, so I should be able to fit a couple quads on there too. I have some grey P.O.R.15 I'm going to brush on it tonight, and im going to paint the wheels black to clean it up nice.

Yeah It wouldn't have been pretty if all that ended up in the engine lol

Old 06-07-2018, 01:14 PM

Finally got my alternator back from the rebuild shop. All rebuilt, cleaned up, and putting out over 200amps

This weekend that'll be going in, and I'll be upgrading all the major wiring. I also have a long list this weekend to prep for another off road event next week

Old 06-09-2018, 06:58 PM

Got my alternator in, and did the big 3 upgrade with 2 gauge wire(I did a fourth ground with smaller gauge also)

I also centered my steering- my tire was rubbing the leaf spring at full crank to the right. And left turns had a horrible turning radius. Now no rubbing and it's good to go.

Edit: now I'm looking at the battery shutoff switch thinking how I did all that work to make good grounds and I have it all ran thru that one little switch... I can probably get rid of it now since it was only on because my old alternator was killing the battery.

Last edited by chevyriders; 06-09-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:59 PM

Had a great weekend out in the mud and trails. I posted a bunch of pics in another thread, but heres a couple anyhow.

This thing amazes me in the mud and trails. She did awesome pretty much all weekend.

It started leaking a significant amount of tranny fluid from the transfer case late Saturday though. Traced it down to a crack in the transfer case.

My guess is I got a hairline crack in it last year when the tranny crossmember broke, and from getting used hard all weekend it opened up the crack enough to start leaking.

Found one on Craigslist today for 40 bucks though, and picked it up today.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Very nice. Like the stance on the first pic. It' s like looking up a girls skirt! Lol

Sucks about the crack, glad it' a "cheap fix" tho

Old 06-19-2018, 12:53 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

LOL, agree.

And got all muddy...

Old 06-21-2018, 08:30 PM

Oh jeez, I took a dirty picture of my truck... in 2 senses of the word haha. It was my favorite picture from the weekend. Every non-car guy/girl I showed it to thought the front end was broke because of the angle the axles are sitting.

I got some great news about the intake manifold swap though! I accidentally ordered the wrong adapter for the throttle body- someone gave me the part number for the correct one, so I'm a 22$ part away from being able to do the swap finally! I'd been putting it off thinking I'd have to build another adapter. So I'm pumped about that! I'm thinking next weekend if the part gets here in time.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:15 PM

I finally got the missing link for my marine intake!

Can't wait to finally get that going.

Also, here's an in action picture of the blazer. Photographer caught me playing in the mud and posted it on Facebook

Old 07-08-2018, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Beauty! Can't wait to see it installed.

love the pic of the blazer in action. I forgot to say, I seen a blazer jacked up like yours when I went on my road trip a few weekends ago. Only difference was that it was black! Wish I would've stopped for a pic... there was also a zr2 in good condition for sale... still trying to win the lottery lol

Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Yep, me too.

I'd keep the windows up thou...

Quick Reply: Project Jeep-killing Chevy. 2000 4x4 Blazer