Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime Blazin'

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I'd like to get a safari rack, but I think I'm just going to drill through my existing roof rack bar and put them on that.
I think I will end up putting a heat shield on (i mentioned it below the CAI pics)..it's resting really close to the oil cooler line and I think it may start to damage the filter if I don't
..and so you did

On the note of the cruved roof rack bars, if you're gonna just put two lights on there, some circular ones might hide that curve a little better!!! Just a thought.

Truck is lookin good Alex!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by okvortec
..and so you did

On the note of the cruved roof rack bars, if you're gonna just put two lights on there, some circular ones might hide that curve a little better!!! Just a thought.

Truck is lookin good Alex!
Thanks Martin . And you're right about the round lights, although I really don't like the look of round lights. I'll be getting rectangle ones for sure. If I do go for all 4 of them I'll see how bad the curve is. If it is really bad then I'll see if I can rig up some sort of spacer.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sisk
Thanks Martin . And you're right about the round lights, although I really don't like the look of round lights. I'll be getting rectangle ones for sure. If I do go for all 4 of them I'll see how bad the curve is. If it is really bad then I'll see if I can rig up some sort of spacer.
Why not rig something up like Kiwiblazer? No curvature to deal with and it looks cool.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:29 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Or flatten one of your spare bars and nip the tips to make her fit bye bye curve

Old 10-13-2009, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

All good ideas. We'll see how it looks whenever I actually get them on the truck. If it's an issue, I'll try these ideas.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Pics of painted wheels Alex? I want to see this!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Pics of painted wheels Alex? I want to see this!
They're not done yet Pat. I ran into time constraints this weekend and only had a chance to tint the lights. Also didn't have any primer, so I didn't want to do it the cheap way and have it all chip off in a week lol. I plan on doing it this Sunday (I'm working Saturday, so it's a no go). Hopefully all goes well and I'll have pics for you on Sunday night

Old 10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran

RIMS ARE PAINTED!!! . It looks AMAZING with the truck. They turned out really good.

I cleaned the rims up, sanded them, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of black and they were done. It took 1 1/2 cans (although I also painted my grilled and bowtie at the same time).

Just starting:

After the primer:

Painted:

And the FINAL RESULT

Got home and put some tire shine on them...looked even better:

Again...sorry for the crappy pics. Taken quickly with my cell.

Last edited by Sisk; 10-18-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Looking good!!! I like the black grille instead of blue.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by okvortec
Looking good!!! I like the black grille instead of blue.
Thanks Martin. My grille wasn't blue though. There were only certain models with a color coded grille, and mine wasn't one. It was just (very faded) grey plastic. Here's a before shot:

Quick Reply: Project Maritime Blazin'