Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Sleeper Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 10:19 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

I never took picture when i swapped my fuel pump. Recently i picked up a larger pump, so i figured i would show how i put mine together with aftermarket pumps and keep the stock bucket.

I picked up this Spectra Sending unit assembly on clearance for around $30 from Rockauto and had it sitting in my garage. Recently i bought a Walbro/TI Automotive HELLCAT 525 pump.
I had to slightly trim the bucket to fit the pump aound the top of the pump itself and add a bit of E85 approved fuel hose to the bottom since the Spectra pump was taller. But other than that it just mount right in. Then but cutting the pump plug off the bucket harness and using some waterproof wire splices it now plugs right in.

Last edited by ChuckNTruck; 04-20-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:22 AM
Beginning Member
Chevymec is on a distinguished road

Good thing you got the swap done. The price of the lsa and lids have gone through the roof! Are you sticking with the same injectors or going bigger? Nice work on the on the pump swap!

Old 04-21-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chevymec
Good thing you got the swap done. The price of the lsa and lids have gone through the roof! Are you sticking with the same injectors or going bigger? Nice work on the on the pump swap!
Its insane the prices now. I was looking at picking up a spare lid for mine since they were about $300-$400 a few months ago......now they are selling for $1500-$2500 just for a lid and brick!

I actually ordered some ID1050 injectors. Im not sure if i will throw them in with my current setup, or wait until i get the new engine built.
I dropped off my other 6.0 at the machine shop a few days ago to have the block machined and setup for the new rotating assembly.
Ill see if this pump can keep up with the new setup, or i may have to go to dual in tank pumps to keep up.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:35 AM
Beginning Member
Chevymec is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's crazy. Seen a few used blowers and new ZL1 lids for $4k! I'm like you, I had thought about buying a few lids and sit on them. Guess I should of jumped when I thought about it. I might be interested in your 850 injectors when you sell them.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:16 PM

I made it out to the drag strip for the opening street legal drag night and cranked off a 10.95 my first run of the night. On my 4th pass of the night my trans turn into Mr. Slippy in 3rd toward the top end, bounced off the rev limiter at 6800rpms and pushed fluid out of the breather onto my exhaust smoking out the track. Luckily nothing caught fire and i did not dump any fluid onto the track, but shes hurt.
So out comes the transmission/converter and back to the builders they go. I was already pushing my current trans build to it max HP level so im not really surprised, so i having it built a bit stronger and having my converter rebuilt/upgraded to a triple disk lockup.
This thing held up very well for its build and how hard i have beat on it over the past couple years!
I guess ill take advantage of the trans being out to clean up some stuff under the truck and swap out the flex plate for a SFI one i have.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:30 AM
RTJ49 is on a distinguished road
Default New Steering Column

Originally Posted by ChuckNTruck
I finally got a picture of the finished product for the seats.
I also added a tilt steering column while i had it apart to make getting in and out easier.

I was able to keep the factory belts working like stock if wanted and have the 5 point on the drivers seat for racing. But i usually just use the 5 point when i drive it.
Is that a Bravada steering column? Your work looks and performs great!

Old 05-06-2021, 06:16 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

I made it out to the drag strip for the opening street legal drag night and cranked off a 10.95 my first run of the night. On my 4th pass of the night my trans turn into Mr. Slippy in 3rd toward the top end, bounced off the rev limiter at 6800rpms and pushed fluid out of the breather onto my exhaust smoking out the track. Luckily nothing caught fire and i did not dump any fluid onto the track, but shes hurt.
So out comes the transmission/converter and back to the builders they go. I was already pushing my current trans build to it max HP level so im not really surprised, so i having it built a bit stronger and having my converter rebuilt/upgraded to a triple disk lockup.
This thing held up very well for its build and how hard i have beat on it over the past couple years!
I guess ill take advantage of the trans being out to clean up some stuff under the truck and swap out the flex plate for a SFI one i have.
Excellent!! What did you end up doing for tires/wheels this year?

Old 05-06-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by RTJ49
Is that a Bravada steering column? Your work looks and performs great!
Thank you!
I believe it was a newer blazer like 2004ish that i got it out of. I went after it for the center console, then i saw how nice the column and dash bezel were so i got those also for ~ $80 for everything last year. I just never felt like taking the column out to swap it until i saw how much it sucked getting in and out without a quick release wheel or tilt column.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by LesMyer
Excellent!! What did you end up doing for tires/wheels this year?
That was with the 275/60R15 MT ET Street Pros i picked up over the winter. They hook great even without great prep!

Old 05-07-2021, 08:01 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

That was with the 275/60R15 MT ET Street Pros i picked up over the winter. They hook great even without great prep!
Running through mufflers? FActory wheels still? If so I bet some people were shocked!

Is this with the new bottom end? How was the 60ft? the 1/8?

I'm reading your signature about the 8.5 rear. Are you going to do c-clip eliminators on the axles? You are supposed to have them to go below 11.00 sec. If so, I have been there and done that. There are some things you need to know before cutting the ends off a rare 2WD 8.625 housing to install the c-clip eliminators (like you have to give up the disk brakes, and come up with modified manual backing plates to fit the disk brake size register). Also would be a good time to upgrade the u-joints to the 1350s, get forged yokes, and a strong rear cover with carrier bearing cap braces like the LPW Ultimate-10. Of course that would require a new driveshaft as well. Only good as it's weakest link and racing will always find the weakest link. But it's only money and I can tell this isn't exactly a budget build!! 8.5 pinion yoke works in the 8.625 if you use the seal from the 8.5. We can discuss if you are interested in any of this.

Last edited by LesMyer; 05-07-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Project Sleeper Blazer