Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Sleeper Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 12:11 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Got 'em ordered. 275/60R15 FYI best I found was $237.99 each with no ship or tax from Lethal Performance.

Thanks!

Last edited by LesMyer; 07-23-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member
woody80z28 is on a distinguished road

Dude, this thing is great! Very cool. I've seen S10s done up as race trucks before, but never a blazer.

BTW...I'm only looking to run 11.50s with my Camaro cause I don't really want to do a cage. haha That's just an n/a 383 with a T56 swap though.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:47 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

I got it out to the local drag strip a couple weekends ago. No real great runs as they ony ran 1/8 mile and it was 90-95 degrees and humid.
But it did provide a good opportunity to test the ice box. The ice box worked good and kept the IATs low, but i went through about 80lbs of ice in 1 day and the under hood temps were way to high causing bad heat soak on the blower.
So i decided to deviate from the sleeper look slightly to help get some air out from under the hood because i refuse to get rid of the A/C and other creature comforts.

Still working on relocating the power steering tank as its hitting the louver. But that is a fairly simple fix.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Those louvers are still pretty stealthy especially if you paint them white!

Old 08-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I like the look. Im with Christine, paint them body color and the will blend in.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:13 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

You know how much I like your Blazer and admire what you have accompished! But I'm just not feeling those louvers and gotta give you some tough love. With the frame around the outside of the louvered area, I think it looks like something from Home Depot.

I suggest springing for a hood with scoop built in.

Last edited by LesMyer; 08-10-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by LesMyer
You know how much I like your Blazer and admire what you have accompished! But I'm just not feeling those louvers and gotta give you some tough love. With the frame around the outside of the louvered area, I think it looks like something from Home Depot.

I suggest springing for a hood with scoop built in.
I honestly agree with you....Im not a huge fan of them, but they work great and pull a ton of heat out from under the hood.

Im gona do some research and see what i can find for the future to replace the entire hood with something, but these will do for now.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChuckNTruck
I honestly agree with you....Im not a huge fan of them, but they work great and pull a ton of heat out from under the hood.

Im gona do some research and see what i can find for the future to replace the entire hood with something, but these will do for now.
If you really want to reduce heat under your hood, you could put in one of those 2.2L engines. Oh wait, that just might be counter productive, wouldn't it.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:51 PM
RRousseau is on a distinguished road
Default Questions

@ChuckNTruck

I absolutely love your build! My husband and I are starting to plan our build and I had a few questions I wanted to ask you if you don't mind.

1. Where did you get your radiator, fan/condenser set up from?
2. Are you using the factory throttle cable off of the 4.3 (pre supercharger)?
3. What were you using for throttle cable brackets pre supercharger?
4. Where did you get your steering shaft from?

Thanks

Old 01-03-2022, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RRousseau
@ChuckNTruck

I absolutely love your build! My husband and I are starting to plan our build and I had a few questions I wanted to ask you if you don't mind.

1. Where did you get your radiator, fan/condenser set up from?
2. Are you using the factory throttle cable off of the 4.3 (pre supercharger)?
3. What were you using for throttle cable brackets pre supercharger?
4. Where did you get your steering shaft from?

Thanks

The radiator and fan setup used to be sold by Current Performance, but is no longer offered.
I used the factory throttle cable with the truck intake and im still using it even with the LSA. For the throttle cable bracket, with the truck intake i just used a 2000ish chevy truck throttle bracket as they came with a DBC throttle body. Then when i switched to the LSA i cut up the truck bracket and made my own to fit.
My first steering shaft was fabbed up from a jeep steering shaft, but it was not the best setup. Im now running a Holley steering shaft as it fits and looks much nicer in it.

Quick Reply: Project Sleeper Blazer