Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Re: 1989 Blazer build (2wd)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Three day weekend coming up so plan to try to get some more done. Do have a lot of housework and yardwork to catch up on though.
I have an interview with the school district this Friday to be an autobody teacher!!!! I will loose about 3/4 of my pay but be a way easier lifestyle.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:18 AM
PhillBilly is on a distinguished road

Cool build!
Question, split mono leafs, how much drop did you order and it looks as tho it’s the same spring part No. as the 1st Gen Camaro!
which I in fact own. Calvert springs are take offs from the camaro and should fit my 05 Blazer but seem a bit long! Was there a different shackle used with the blazer cal-trac setup?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Starting Member

Some of the Blazers had a shorter spring but used the same shackles. I originally bought new 4 inch lowering springs but they put the rear end forward about 2 inches so ended up talking to Calvert about it. They knew all about the issues I was having and sold me 2 inch lowering split mono leafs which fixed my rear end placement. I also used an inch of steel lowering blocks. After that I looked into rear leafs on the blazers of all s10 years and for some odd reason they occasionally moved the rear hangers on certain builds for unknown reasons.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Starting Member

Update... I am building a frame table for the Blazer. Should have done that first but was waiting because had a line on an old frame rack but it fell through. Have the main structure built and need to make some jigs for it now. I plan on working on it a little here and there but my wife and I decided it is time to sell the house or refinance it so been slowly working on the house instead. Not sure if my work is going to move me or not so applied for a teaching job that is teaching collision repair to high school kids and really hoping to get it. I have done two interviews so far and have been involved with the school for the last two years with my son going there so thinking I might have a chance.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Good luck on the job. Hope everything works outs

Old 06-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Starting Member

Thank you very much! The pay isn't that great but it will let me stay in the industry and teach students my years of experience and hopefully make a positive impact in the collision industry.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
Frank Bukowski is on a distinguished road

Hi Jaymzz ,
I enjoyed seeing your last post & hope you
can get hired as you have a lot of knowledge to share with students !
As always , I enjoy reading your posts !!

Old 06-26-2019, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

How did the job interview go? And you still working on the table?

Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Starting Member

Still waiting to hear back from the school and heard it is down to three people and I am one of them. Haven't had a chance to work on the blazer because been working on the house.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Starting Member

I bought the metal for the frame this morning and started to draw plans for it and ran into a huge oh crap moment. According to Dobbertin's plans for the adapters I need to have the frame come up 12.5 inches for the front and rear suspension and don't have the room length wise in the front mounting points to have the rails come down into the main torquebox. Everything I try leaves me no room for pedals and I even put the seat all the way back into the B pillar and felt way awkward and wouldn't be able to see out the side and still legs were all bet up. I could use any help with ideas here. I also thought about stretching the front end to make more room but think that would look odd also. If I can't figure out something I might just start building my 78 K5 with my suspension and scrap the s10. I would rather build the s10 though.

Quick Reply: Re: 1989 Blazer build (2wd)