Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Rookie Jimmy Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I think 6 spokes on a 5 lug looks out of place, but that is merely my opinion.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member
2000jim is on a distinguished road

I dont mind the six spokes its so hard to find 5X4.75 and i love the matte black im hoping it goes good with my jimmy

interior and exterior are black but i still need to tint the front windows.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Beginning Member

So my add-a-leaf came in today and was wondering if anyone had install tips to speed up the process or if anyone can tell me if the u-bolts are long enough to install the extra leaf spring.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Beginning Member
Thumbs up 3 months later

So been awhile sense a build update but here it is.

The rough country 3" add-a-leaf
t-bar crank
brush guard
tires and rims
spark plugs
ball joint

The add-a-leaf went good little longer than i thought so ill make sure to post it up with picks

the tbar was easy but weird. i got about 4.5 turns before my drivers side was maxed but my passenger side had lots of space?

Brush guard was a great deal and no now need to build a bumper just mod it a little for the winch.

was getting the tires and rims on yesterday and alignment but got told my lower ball joint was bad so i am currently learning to replace that now and going to do the spark plugs at the same time while the tires are off.

might consider doing brakes also to save time later. Any one have favorite brands for rotors and pads??

Thats all tonight, let me know what you think and the pics will be coming up tonight or tomorrow depending when i'm done the ball joint and spark plugs

Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Beginning Member
Default Add-a-leaf

Getting to some pics of the aal install it was surprisingly easy but took me way to long to finish.

First off I got the tuff Country aal and i cant remember the part number but just ask if you are looking to get one.

Procedure:

Undo Ubolts and take off shock

Jack up the rear axle

c clamp the leaf spring set and unscrew centering bolt!

then reverse!

For taking off and put on the nut of the centering bolt make sure you really clamp the leaf springs so there is as little pressure as possible on the nut. I ended up almost stripping both while uninstalling so that took a little extra time.

Other than that its a nice touch

The stock ubolts are long enough for the extra leaf to be added so nothing extra is needed when doing the install. A grinder is nice to cut off the extra long bolts of the new centering bolt.

Then just cranked the tbar 4.5 turns and was good to go.
Back is still higher but I'm happy with the lift and will be putting on 265/70/r16 silent armour tires tomorrow. Weird thing with the tbar crank was the drivers side. I could only crank it a max of 4.5 turns where as the passenger has much more room to be adjusted, either way I got the sides to equal heights so I guess it works out ok.

Attached Thumbnails The Rookie Jimmy Experience-photo-11-07-28-7-20-53-pm.jpg   The Rookie Jimmy Experience-photo-11-07-28-7-20-59-pm.jpg   The Rookie Jimmy Experience-photo-11-07-28-7-50-57-pm.jpg   The Rookie Jimmy Experience-photo-11-07-28-7-53-36-pm.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Beginning Member
Tangvik1 is on a distinguished road

Nice project! Post some exterior pictures!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member

here it is!

Pics will keep coming in to show the other stuff ive done
and the limited how too i know how to do haha

Attached Thumbnails The Rookie Jimmy Experience-photo.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

that looks good. are you planning on removing the gray trim?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member

I like the trim because it is the whistler blackcomb edition so I havent seen any others like it.

White lettering on tires gray trim on the truck and white strip around those all count as nice details..... right

Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I've never heard of a "Whistler Blackcomb Edition" what is it, exactly?

Quick Reply: The Rookie Jimmy Experience