Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Shes looking ****ing awesome! Love the stance on her.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:25 AM
Starting Member
awesomeamerican1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Yes! It looks great. About how far did you move the rear axle back? I was considering flipping my rear leafs around to stretch the wheelbase an inch or two.

be safe during the hurricane. I hope y'all don't get hit too badly down there.
I think it was atleast an inch or two in the rear and same for the front. Total wheelbase came out to 118. I posted my 3 link and 4 link calculators somewhere in the beginning of the thread and should tell you there.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:27 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Shes looking ****ing awesome! Love the stance on her.
Thanks DonL. Now I have to figure out how to comp-cut the front fenders to allow clearance. It kind of runs into the core support and wasn't expecting that entirely

Old 09-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Starting Member

Well the good ole blazer survived Hurricane Florence in the driveway with no damage to it

Got back out there today while it was clear and put the transfer case in so I could measure for some driveshafts. Oliver's Driveshafts in Winson Salem, NC I think is where I'm going to order them from. Called them on the phone today and were great compared to Tom Woods. And way cheaper. Ended up dropping the dang thing (transfer case) right on my head and bled a little. But then again who hasn't bled a little on their rig. The nice thing about the blazer now is that I can literally just sit under it and work on it. I think in the future to be a little safer and more efficient, I need to fab up a tranny holder for my garage jack and maybe give it a lift kit. Tired of stacking sketchy pieces of wood to only fall off last minute. Also, the high-lift I have in the garage is clearly not tall enough right now to max out my suspension so may need to buy a longer one in the future.

Flexy Flex Flex Pics

Up up and away!

Still had 3 inches of shock travel to go at this point. And the engine bay is at my chest (I'm 5'11").

Some body lean. Didn't even care.

Daylight sexy photo

Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Shes going to be a great sand dunes ripper when shes done... let alone the rock trails she'll conquer lol... I'm really liking the suspension you came up with... I'm interested to see how you modify the front fenders...

Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Shes going to be a great sand dunes ripper when shes done... let alone the rock trails she'll conquer lol... I'm really liking the suspension you came up with... I'm interested to see how you modify the front fenders...
Yeah, that's going to be a pain because I was hoping to keep the front clip/lights for that classic blazer look in the front. Plus I love my led bumper/turn signal lights. Might ponder that one today while I'm out there. Gotta get the tranny x-member in for good today, put in the drivers side axle shaft which I finally found hiding in the garage, and finish up my front bump stops. But once I finish all of that I'm going to look into what I have to do to clear those giant front tires. I've been thinking of just a clean comp cut in the front like a lot of the XJs do. Only problem is that it runs into the front core support piece that goes across.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Starting Member

Finally got the engine all back together and running. Should be able to drive it a little near the end of this week to do a little tuning and chasing down some gremlins. FYI shorty truck headers and dumps make it sound like a V8 in there haha Check out my first video of the beast!

Old 11-05-2018, 09:33 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Yeahhh buddy. She sounds and looks awesome! Hope you get to drive it asap.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Yeahhh buddy. She sounds and looks awesome! Hope you get to drive it asap.
This upcoming weekend! I forgot a c-clip while putting together the steering box and blew out a seal at the pitman arm so have to fix that real quick, bleed the system, and should be good for a test run! Also need to drill out some holes for the transfer case shifter cable and bracket to try out the 4wd Found myself one of the cable shifter assemblies when I picked up the transfer case way back when but haven't got quite that far.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Starting Member

Took the maiden voyage today and a few things to iron out this weekend. Few oil leaks and a little rubbing on one side. So tomorrow I'll be playing with the sawzall, angle grinder, and adjusting coilovers. She drives pretty alright though, just a ton of flex even on the road lol

Quick Reply: Rubber Ducky - 00 Blazer D44 SAS