Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Trying to get some momentum! (Plans/Goals)

Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
Druubin is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to get some momentum! (Plans/Goals)

Okay, so recently ive been posting alot of threads about different parts/lifts/tires and i'm just cutting it down here and i want to see what i would need to make this all possible.

2000 ZR2 Blazer
(Starting with top priorities)
1.) I want to be able to run Nitto Mud-Grapplers, which run 33" 13.5
(^ what i have done to attempt to get there: I have the Stock 2" body lift, with 5 turns on my T-Bars 2" rear shackles)
-What Backspacing, Trimming, and total lift would i need?
Links for any info on backspacing would be appreciated.
Brand Names for Lifts as well?

2.) A CAI
(^ Suggestions on what kind? as well as if/what type of heat sheild)

3.) New tail-lights and corner lights [ white or black] OR Corner/Tail-light [smoke] covers.

4.) Brush Guard
(^ I was thinking about a hunter [suggestions?], or if you can show me a good looking bull-guard)

5.) Roof Rack
(^ Considering Surco Safari Rack[suggestions?])

6.) Lights
(^ Considering 2 on roof rack ^^ and two on brush/bull gaurd)
(Any brand suggestions? even # mounted suggestions)

I'm open to any/every suggestion
I'm Eager to get started on my truck I Just dont know how to get rolling with it all!
I appreciate everyones input, in advance

Last edited by Druubin; 03-10-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

1. For a nitto mud grappler that size which is the smallest made in a 15" rim (you can get a 33-12.50 in a 16" rim) your going to need at least 5-6" of suspension lift. If you can settle for a different kind of tire I think you can fit a 33-10.50-15 with the stock backspacing and a 2" BL, T-crank, and shackles with a little trimming. And Im not sure what you mean by a stock body lift but you would still have to install an aftermarket body lift.

If you want to look at a different tire thats aggressive like a mud grappler then id suggest a super swamper ss-M16 and a TSL Radial. which can both be bought in a 33-10.50-15. But keep in mind the more aggresive the tire the more lift you will need. Just because they say there a 33 does not mean that the lugs dont make them bigger.
http://www.intercotire.com/index.php

2. If you really think you need one id find one with a heat shield, but either way it will still pull in hot air.

3. Tint the corners and tails yourself with VHF.

4. Baja Challenger
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...productID/3655

5. The one you mentioned looks good.

6. I would do 2 on the roof rack and 2 on the brush guard and buy the rectangular lights. The brand is up to you and your budget.

Last edited by sifd4x4; 03-10-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member

I've been looking around for some 10.5's or even 11.5's so i would have to make minimal changes, but also i was looking for something with a little more aggressive sidewall then even the BFG Mud-terrains.
any tire suggestions?

Thats a pretty mean looking bull guard, though man and its a pretty good price, ever order anything from that site?

Old 03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Beginning Member

So your saying that a CAI wouldn't do much for me?

and whats VHF?

Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

3) The stuff you want is called "VHT Nightshades" and you can get it anywhere that sells VHT high temp engine paint. Its made by the same company. Its awesome stuff. Just scuff up your stock lights with an SOS pad and alcohol to prep, and make sure you do VERY light coats cause this stuff runs like a mexican out of the rio grande. I use it on ALL my cars and its just great. There is enough in the can to BLACK 3 pairs of taillights. Just put the lights down beside one another so you can match the shade. Paint till they are as dark as you like. I do one thin thin thin coat every 15 minutes until my desired shade is there. Then I dry it overnight, and use auto clear coat on them to make them shiney or matte. Never has peeled off, and looks great and gets thumbs up from random people in public. I like to go the extra mile and use some sandpaper to remove the **** and product numbers off the lights before I paint them over, it makes them look even smoother. I also tape off the white reverse part, paint the lights, then remove the tape for the last 2 coats. This way you have tinted reverse lights, but the light shines brighter through them.

CAI doesnt really do much for you but give you more sucking noise from your engine. Dont bother spending 300 on a kit, just peice it together yourself and paint the parts. You can get all the stuff you need to do it at the parts store.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-10-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I added in a few tires in my original post and they also make a 33-10.50 bogger but im not sure it would still fit with those big lugs. Also do you want a radial or a bias ply tire?

I have not ordered from that site but I think some others on this forum have. And they seem pretty legit.

There are alot of people on here with CAI to chime in but in my experiences with other people and intakes they have to seal really well around the sidewall, hood, etc to do alot of good. I dont have one on my Blazer but the one on my GTO seals very well but I could not feel much difference with it.

sorry about the VHF i made a typo. Its supposed to be VHT. It is an aerosal tint sort of like spray paint. I have seen it used on many different vehicles and I think its been used alot by members here.
Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite.../dp/B000CPCRS6

Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
I added in a few tires in my original post and they also make a 33-10.50 bogger but im not sure it would still fit with those big lugs. Also do you want a radial or a bias ply tire?

I have not ordered from that site but I think some others on this forum have. And they seem pretty legit.

There are alot of people on here with CAI to chime in but in my experiences with other people and intakes they have to seal really well around the sidewall, hood, etc to do alot of good. I dont have one on my Blazer but the one on my GTO seals very well but I could not feel much difference with it.

sorry about the VHF i made a typo. Its supposed to be VHT. It is an aerosal tint sort of like spray paint. I have seen it used on many different vehicles and I think its been used alot by members here.
Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite.../dp/B000CPCRS6
Yeah i took a look at the link and I really like the Boggers which come in 10.5 which i like even MORE.

I've been debating the CAI, it seems like there more geared towards street cars.

I appreciate all the links!