The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

tattoo with a meaning

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Starting Member
FOGEL is on a distinguished road
Default tattoo with a meaning

well im trying to convince my parents to let me get a tattoo and they said if it truely means something i could. i want to leave this up to you guys to design something. i have a picture im my head of how i want it. They way im thinking is, a tattered ribbon that says "In memory of..." with a red chevy emblem below that says "Alfred" in it with a white tailed deer (a buck) jumping over the emblem. then below all that i want it to say "My star, my hero, my grandfather". If someone could design something like this it would be greatly appreciated. It has been 6 longs years since my grandfather has passed away and i thought it would be nice to do something in memory of him. He was the one that got me hooked on the s10's and hunting, he made me who i am today. The tattoo would be on the back of my right shoulder blade.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Fogel, I agree with you and your parents. I lost my grandfather on Christmas Eve of 99 thanks to a drunk driver (heck of a Christmas present, I tell ya). Your idea sounds really good but a word of caution, find a PROFESSIONAL tattoo ARTIST not just an ink slinger. Remember, this is a lifelong commitment so you want it to be EXACTLY what you want. Check out the artists prior work. Find someone who is willing to sit down with you and go over even the smallest detail. After committing to getting my ink, I searched for over three years to find the person who actually ended up doing it. Trust me, there where a number of draws and redraws, talks and little changes here and there. Now that I have the ink, I am very proud of it and wear with with honor.
My tat is a heavenly scroll and on it at the top says "I.L.M.O." (in loving memory of) and under that is a Reddie Kilowatt character (my Gandpa was a master electric man). Under Reddie is it says "Kilowatt" (as the world knew grandpa) then "Ray Fallis" (who he was) then "Gandpa" (who he was to me).

Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AuSSenseiter
Fogel, I agree with you and your parents. I lost my grandfather on Christmas Eve of 99 thanks to a drunk driver (heck of a Christmas present, I tell ya). Your idea sounds really good but a word of caution, find a PROFESSIONAL tattoo ARTIST not just an ink slinger. Remember, this is a lifelong commitment so you want it to be EXACTLY what you want. Check out the artists prior work. Find someone who is willing to sit down with you and go over even the smallest detail. After committing to getting my ink, I searched for over three years to find the person who actually ended up doing it. Trust me, there where a number of draws and redraws, talks and little changes here and there. Now that I have the ink, I am very proud of it and wear with with honor.
My tat is a heavenly scroll and on it at the top says "I.L.M.O." (in loving memory of) and under that is a Reddie Kilowatt character (my Gandpa was a master electric man). Under Reddie is it says "Kilowatt" (as the world knew grandpa) then "Ray Fallis" (who he was) then "Gandpa" (who he was to me).

yea i know what you mean on finding a professional. one of my friends dad does it as a living and all the work he has does looks immaculate(plus he would probably give me a discount because i know his daughter). if he says he wont do it im gunna go to the place in Winona, MN that one of my friends got theirs done. I'm terrified of needles so i gotta feel confident in who ever is doing the work. I just need a general picture so i can get my parents completely on my side. (i wish i was 18 so i could just do this without permission, o well i only got 6 monthes no matter what then i can do what ever)

Old 12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

The tattoo itself doesn't hurt too bad to get. I have one high between my shoulder blades that I drew up. It's not uncommon for those who get their first one to pass out, but i did fine and mine was the size of a dinner plate. Just remember to eat something before you go and bring a soda to keep your blood sugar up.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Alot of the pain depends on how much meat ya got where the tats being put. I am very skinny and dont have much on my chest so when they got close to the bone, it hurt like a sonnavabitch but the pec muscle didnt really hurt.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

a word of caution... once you get one, you may find that you want another. then one more. pretty soon you will NEED them

Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by AuSSenseiter
You should check with bresblazy to see if she could sketch up something for you. She is a painter and tattoo art drawer.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

personally i vote OJ as a drink to bring as it will bring ur blood sugar levels back up with a more natural substance and doesn't give u the queasy feeling the carbonation could.

FOGEL lemme know where u work, my GF is the supervisor for EIKON Device inc. one of the largest tattoo supply companies and she knows the who's who in most areas. i can ask her where to suggest for you to go for one of the best artists and one of the cleanest ones. crappiest thing i've seen about most shops is they don't clean properly, so MAKE sure wherever you go they bust fresh needles out of packages, have cover's for the clip cords and machine, spray down everything in front of you, don't use rags or anything other than paper towel to wipe anything, bust out fresh cups for the ink and of course use fresh razor's... also I can't remember the name of the product but i WILL get back to you in the AM on what to put on after to heal it fastest and without peeling.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by UberFail
personally i vote OJ as a drink to bring as it will bring ur blood sugar levels back up with a more natural substance and doesn't give u the queasy feeling the carbonation could.

FOGEL lemme know where u work, my GF is the supervisor for EIKON Device inc. one of the largest tattoo supply companies and she knows the who's who in most areas. i can ask her where to suggest for you to go for one of the best artists and one of the cleanest ones. crappiest thing i've seen about most shops is they don't clean properly, so MAKE sure wherever you go they bust fresh needles out of packages, have cover's for the clip cords and machine, spray down everything in front of you, don't use rags or anything other than paper towel to wipe anything, bust out fresh cups for the ink and of course use fresh razor's... also I can't remember the name of the product but i WILL get back to you in the AM on what to put on after to heal it fastest and without peeling.

im from lacrosse, wisconsin. i work at a grocery store called woodmans. thanks for the tip

Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

Good tattoos ain't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good. (in most cases)

Quick Reply: tattoo with a meaning