Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Dressin' her up

Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dressin' her up

Well this past weekend their was a car show in my town and it made me want to kind of clean the blaze up a little bit. So, I put a cold air intake (still have to make a heat shield). I also painted a few odds and ends with some duplicolor paint I picked up. Its kind of gonna be a work in progress dressing the engine a bit but I guess let me know what you think so far.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6760/8B416EAC6BA54F70AA0F62AF8EB6E569.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6760/3E17108DC10C48749A772B6C5441BDCA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6760/CA86E61D7A034F2AA9D96BF2F6E7F92A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: Dressin' her up

Might want to start off with a good degreasing at the local car wash, always a good place to start. I like the color you picked. I don't have the same VORTEC thing as you have, mine was over the air intake which I took off to put in my cold air intake, but I like the fan cover that color too. Nice job! Keep going at it and then you can enter the car shows yourself.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:36 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you dav. Im gonna clean it with some degreaser this weekend and maybe clean and hide some wires as well. I'm not certain if I am gonna take it to shows but it makes me feel better with it cleaned up and it makes my friends jealous lol.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

Great start man... I like the Vortec, mine is on the air intake also. I would have to agree with Dav, get a good cleaner and clean it up a little. Anything that is aluminum you can polish with some fine steel wool to bring back the shine. Something cheap that always looks good as well is getting some hose and wire covers. I would recomend picking 2 colors, blue and chrome, some people only use one color and when they open the hood that one color kind of attacks you, its just to much.

You have a lot of pieces you can polish, alternator, upper intake, belt tensioner,A/C, master cylinder tubes, anything aluminum. Best way to do it is start out with a fairly rough steel wool (medium), and once you see it shinning up and looking cleaner, swap over to a really fine steel wool. It takes a while to do this, but it is well worth it. I did it on my 92 mustang and it turned out really good. I would recomend buying a magnetic telescope (made for picked up nuts and bolts when you drop them) for all the metal shavings.

Good luck, and keep the progress posted.

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

Oh, one more thing that always looks good, take the fender wheel wells out and paint the top (part seen in engine) of them the same color as your vehicle. The color you painted the shroud would look great. I would clear coat everything too, just to keep the paint looking better longer and to make everything easier to clean. Hope this helps.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum due to abuse in the past.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, one more thing that always looks good, take the fender wheel wells out and paint the top (part seen in engine) of them the same color as your vehicle. The color you painted the shroud would look great. I would clear coat everything too, just to keep the paint looking better longer and to make everything easier to clean. Hope this helps.