Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

fixin' rims

Old 04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
chevy8jr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fixin' rims

My rims on my truck have stuff peelin' off & marks that won't come off. Is there a way to make them better. If you are wondering what rims i have, there the ones with multi holes around the rims. I like them & like to try to save them. Any idea's ?

Old 04-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Nomad76lj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: fixin' rims

mine are doing the same thing i think its the clear coat coming off mine seams to be peeling around the wheel weights. i want to paint mine but iv got some old rims out back so im going to try it on them first to see what happens. i think u will have to sand and repaint them to stop it from peelin. good chance to make them custom at least.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
jpap is an unknown quantity at this point

i had my neighbor, a painter, sand blast, or it might have been plastic beads, either way, they came back bare metal, shiny and smooth. The only problem with that is that they are now VERY prone to rusting and corroding. He was sweating while he did it, and when it would drop on the rim, it rusted in a matter of seconds... So i had to take them home and i painted a couple, ( i was actually just messing around, they were just sitting around because i had gotten new ones.) i had some spray on clear coat, and i did a couple like that, and a couple more i did in a grey paint. They didnt look great (professional spray painter i am not), but the flaking and streaking was gone...

Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is on a distinguished road

im sure there is some re-surfacer in town......call around, but i dont belive its cheap.....black is always a safe color to paint em, pending on ur ride color i guess.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

when I got my 95 blazer new, GM had a recall on the rims because of peeling and Staining
They replaced 2 and when the 3rd one started acting up they said to get it re coated guess they got tired of replacing them.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Technical Service Bulletin - Yes. Recall - No.

If under warranty, GM is responsible for the replacement of rims or any refinishing steps that may have been required per the TSB, but there was no recall on rims as peeling finish is not a safety hazard.