Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

found a new tire shine

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: found a new tire shine

I use the black magic tire wet gel, it leaves my tires shiny for about two weeks till i do it again. On the otherhand the gel does pick up alot of dust and dirt, but when the right amount is applied it doesn't fling everywhere!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: thegr81

I use the black magic tire wet gel, it leaves my tires shiny for about two weeks till i do it again. On the otherhand the gel does pick up alot of dust and dirt, but when the right amount is applied it doesn't fling everywhere!!!
i ahte gel becase it catches so much dirt and dust and it starts leaving a build up on your tires. getting just the right amount is what i got tired of with my eagle one. i will probably still use my eagle one from time to time but this new stuff will be my main tire shine

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

I quit using Armor All when I acquired my 91 Blazer 4X4 with factory alloy wheels and front wheel disc brakes. If you get Armor All overspray on the front alloy wheels the disc brake dust will combine with that tire dressing and form a cake-like material that is difficult to remove. I tried a car wash, lacquer thinner, acetone and a stiff bristle brush and it did not budge. Then I tried Eagle 1 Etching Wheel Cleaner and found that will dissolve the caked-on blackdisc brake residue. Eagle 1 Etching Wheel Cleaner has three types of acidsand you should be careful when using it and don't get it in your eyes butI bare handed the etching cleanerwith no problems. Eagle 1 Etching Wheel Cleaner has phosphoric acid and that is used in Coca Cola.Only leave Eagle 1 Etching Cleaner on your alloy wheels about 30 seconds, then brush them with a stiff bristle tire brush andthoroughly washthe wheels withwith water . The brake dust/Armor All cake residue willwash off easily and leave your alloy wheels bright and shining. A 15" trash can lid works to mask off the wheelsif you insist on usingArmor All. The trash can lidwill prevent the Armor All tire dressingoverspray from getting on your alloy wheels, collecting brake dust and forming the dreaded black substanceagain that is so difficult to remove.