Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

How do I clean plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I would go with the Mother's Back to Black. It does a wonderful job and takes no time at all to apply.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

One thing I've noticed with Krylon Fusion paint, they say its black but it doesn't really turn out BLACK. I painted the plastic panels on the sides of the rear glass with it. After several coats, its a dark dark dark dark brown color. Almost the black equivalent of "off-white".. "off-black".

It's a very slight difference but I do notice it. I haven't been able to take any pictures showing the discoloration though

Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried a different can of it? I used to mod xbox's years ago, instal lights in them and paint them and I always used Krylon Fusion and the black on my xbox in front of me is indeed black.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

yea back to black is awesome
i use it when i get wax on my black parts
takes it right off

Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Damn, you guys ROCK! I bought the Mothers Black on Black and Polish yesterday. Then today, I spent about 4 hours on the outside alone. That truck is lookin GOOOOOD! Question though-I need to slap a clay bar on the hood cause there's a lot of microscopic chips on there. Can I do that even though I just waxed it?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

ive heard of the clay bar thing
if you do it tell me how it goes

Old 05-03-2009, 03:04 PM

I've had a lot of reputable people tell me the clay bar works wonders, but that was a few years ago with my other car....and back when I was on the west coast. I can't exactly track them down and ask them now. I think I may have one contact I can try at work tomorrow. Ohh the benefits of working in the automotive field! lol

Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

I highly recommend the claybar. You will be amazed with the results I guarentee that! Make sure you read the directions, it's pretty basic but if you don't do it correctly you could hurt your paint. Mainly keep the area you are clay baring wet with the fluid you get in the kit, and keep the claybar clean( DO NOT DROP IT! If you do use a new one). For the fella who just waxed I would wash your truck with dish soap really good, then claybar. You will feel all the dirt/oxidation coming off as you rub the clay over your paint and when its smooth move to a new spot. After each body panel knead(squish a bunch) the bar so you have a clean peice to work with!

Then after you claybar the entire truck wash it again and apply a thick coat of your favorite wax. The truck will look like it just came out of a showroom Take your time and do it right, set aside a whole afternoon and you will be happy you did. After the wax I'd recommend the Back To Black on all plastic peices!

Another tip for anyone with a beige coloured interior that has dirt in the crevices of the plastic that is kind of raised. Pour a little(10%) Castrol Super Clean/Super Green in a cup and 90% water and use a toothbrush to lightly scrub. Then wipe it off with a rag and some Mothers Back to Black for a new looking interior. A rag with some silicone spray on it works good on all your rubbers seals for the doors and such as well.

Hope this helps someone detail there truck!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:34 PM

That's a good idea as far as the rag with silicone spray. I'm gonna have to do that. I was actually just looking at some rubbers trying to figure out how I wanted to spruce them up.