Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

NEW Turtle Wax ICE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I use the ICE wheel cleaner, and that is another awesome product, the Pads I have on my Blazer produce alot of dust so they get dirty really quick and i used the ICE wheel cleaner on it last time I washed her and well I was really impressed with the result, they looked almost new! so the entire product line is awesome

Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 AM
JJU
JJU is on a distinguished road

Any product will give you a good result immediately. I discount all of the pictures sent immediately after applying ICE.

ICE is nearly 100% silicone and thus has little durability. Two washes or a good rain and ICE is off the car. It will evaporate after two week in the hot sun.

For us northern climate people that drive our SUVs HARD in the winter (when it's difficult to re-apply), this is NOT a good product.

I got tired of the carnuaba-based products back in the 1980s. Synthethic is the way to go. It's the difference between digital and analog in the recording industry.

I have proven results that my product of choice (ZAINO) lasts 6 months

Old 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JJU
Any product will give you a good result immediately. I discount all of the pictures sent immediately after applying ICE.

ICE is nearly 100% silicone and thus has little durability. Two washes or a good rain and ICE is off the car. It will evaporate after two week in the hot sun.

For us northern climate people that drive our SUVs HARD in the winter (when it's difficult to re-apply), this is NOT a good product.

I got tired of the carnuaba-based products back in the 1980s. Synthethic is the way to go. It's the difference between digital and analog in the recording industry.

I have proven results that my product of choice (ZAINO) lasts 6 months
I completely agree with this post. Looks nice for only a few days. It is good for a quick touch up, but use something more durable for long term protection.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I don't have a problem with ICE lasting...probably no where near as long as a paste wax or carnuaba wax, but still it lasts decently long for me.
I just can't argue with how easy it is to apply, and how much it loves the sun lol.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Well, when I say days, I mean in the big picture, you know... 14-20 days vs. months. I need something that will hold up over the winter here and the 110" of snow we average. The ICE was good for a few weeks. I agree with the ease of use, but some other products work better and are almost as easy to use. I still use ICE in the nicer weather, especially on the bikes. In fact I used the ICE claybar on the entire Blazer today and waxed it since we have been getting some nice days here lately.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
Well, when I say days, I mean in the big picture, you know... 14-20 days vs. months. I need something that will hold up over the winter here and the 110" of snow we average. The ICE was good for a few weeks. I agree with the ease of use, but some other products work better and are almost as easy to use. I still use ICE in the nicer weather, especially on the bikes. In fact I used the ICE claybar on the entire Blazer today and waxed it since we have been getting some nice days here lately.
I get what you'r saying...we get the same (if not more) snow per year then you guys get. I have to say the ICE claybar is garbage though. It just adds another hour or so to the cleaning of a vehicle, and does NOTHING. I've never once seen a result from it.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM

Do you mean the actual clay bar, or the liquid claybar? They both work for me. The actual bar was the only thing that would remove the ceramic brake dust that went down the side of my Escalade. Never seen dust imbed itself into the clear coat like this stuff did. The clay bar cleaned it all flawlessly.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Yea I have used the actual clay bar and it works great. Never have tried the liquid tho.