Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Meguiar's NXT Gen. Tech Wax
30.71%
Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax
10.00%
Meguiar's Gold Class
19.29%
Turtle Wax ICE
18.57%
Turtlewax Zipwax
5.71%
Eagle One
3.57%
Turtle Wax Carnauba
11.43%
IBIZ show car wax
0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What is the best wax?

i was really impressed with the eagle one nano wax on my camaro. i had a two tone and it got rid of all the swirl marks and fine scratches really well. i tried it when it first came out it was free with a mail in rebate and you got the applicator and a microfiber cloth. i like it alot and it also smells really nice, ... kinda orangey.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

TheBrettster, I have used quite a few different 3 step products and can say that when a 3 step system is done correctly (very time consuming), I don't think that there are many economical single step products that can beat them. I used to use the 3 step professional line from Meguiar's and that was amazing stuff. Only problem was that it would take me atleast a full day to detail my car when done right. If you have some paint damage (either swirls, bird dropping stains, or sap stains), then a 3 step process is the way to go. However, now with the clay bar, I think that you can get very close to the same results with less time by doing a wash, clay bar, wash, and NXT or Gold Class wax.

Zygoat, Eagle One Nano wax is another good wax. It is more of a polymer coating like the NXT wax with very little if any pure carnuba. Like NXT, its application and removal is super easy and it does have a nice depth of shine. One thing that I did not like about it was it's life over a winter. Where the TurtleWax ICE has lasted literally all winter without reapplication of any kind, my experience with Eagle One Nano wax required atleast one reapplication during the winter. The same is true about NXT and Gold Class for that matter.

So for me, it's ICE during the winter because of it's durability, but I think I'll stick to clay bar and NXT for the summer! And other than the ICE (freebie), I don't use anything but paste waxes now because of their durability. I'm really looking forward to trying a good clay bar treatment and some of the new ICE paste polish. See how that looks when done.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Yea i take a whole day on the outside and about half of a day on the inside. I wash , clay ,wash , 1 , 2 , 3 , buff or use pinnacle souveran. My paint is in perfect condition but the plastic is not much. It has alot of wax build up on it. Whats the trick , i heard an sos pad works wonders. Also its somewhat faded, i want to do something that is going to last. Any ideas ? I went ahead with the two long molding pieces on the rear window, sanded them with cutting gel.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
bigjsp is an unknown quantity at this point

Mother's carnuba, then detailing spray / quick waxat the shows

Old 04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
KOYOTE is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always used Mequires Gold, it is easy to use on and off.
Also I've found out make sure that the body is not hot, it goes on and comes off easier when is cool to the touch,do it in a shaded area.I do auto detailing in the summer months out of my garage.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bigjsp

Mother's carnuba, then detailing spray / quick waxat the shows
Mothers in my opinon has the best wax! Thats the only thing I use on my car and truck.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Beginning Member
2blzers is an unknown quantity at this point

love the turtle wax carnauba. easy on easy off. takes the pain away from waxing your vehicle. much faster won't kill your saturday or sunday!!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
kerander is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone use the Klasse twins? I know, they're not wax either, but I keep hearing great things about them. I'm more on the side of the occasional car washes with a "wax" maybe twice a year or so. Not ideal obviously, though people say you can put on the Klasse all in one then several layers of the high gloss and that'll keep it good for a year.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like the overwhelming majority prefers Meguiars NXT Gen. Tech Wax over anything else. Anybody have any comments aboutthe poll leadingwax? Have you used it? What are your likes/dislikes about it? If you haven't voted, get your vote in!!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Weird, I don't think I put an end date on it... I opened it back up. 21 votes is kinda weak.

Quick Reply: What is the best wax?