Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Meguiar's NXT Gen. Tech Wax
30.71%
Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax
10.00%
Meguiar's Gold Class
19.29%
Turtle Wax ICE
18.57%
Turtlewax Zipwax
5.71%
Eagle One
3.57%
Turtle Wax Carnauba
11.43%
IBIZ show car wax
0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What is the best wax?

I used turtle carnuba wax on my Taurus SHO and it looked great, then when I got the blazer I used it last summer and now this summer I have switched to Mothers Carnuba Wax. I have to say the shine was better with the Mothers Carnuba Wax. I think I'll have to look into clay baring as I have some swirls and oxidation on my paint. Then a recoat of mothers or maybe I'll try the ICE. just my opinion

-Lenny

Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

the detail guy at our shop switched from nxt generation to eagle one nano. That stuff is good. You gotta love the fact you don't get powder all over your ride

Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is one of things I like about ICE, no white powder!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I have actually run across a new synthetic wax that I've never used before, it'sMothers FX. I like it pretty good, haven't used it on the Blazer yet. Anyone used it?

Old 06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

i used it on my blazer 3 weeks ago. ITs good stuff, to me all higher end waxes like that are about the same. Its easy to apply and easy to take off with no powder, thats all i care about!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 PM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Zaino or Tropicare. Zaino it by far better than anything at the local store as is Tropicare. I prefer Tropicare for it's unbelievable depth. Zaino is also amazingly Godly, but is more strictly mirror like and has less depth. If you want to be a nerd like me...Zaino Z-5 for the base layer, Tropicare TC-3 for the second layer, Tropicare TC-10 (I think) Carnuba-based polish for the third layer, Tropicare carnuba paste wax for the forth layer

Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
03RedBLazerXtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Turtle wax Ice on my blazer and my pick up... pickup with black paint .
and the both shined up better than before............. now when i run my california
duster across either one.. just wow...... smooth ~!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:33 PM
ForkliftJeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking from a detailers point of view, I try to only use Burford's PRO products. And as to what actual product to use, depends on the condition of the paint. Any questions on any kind of detailing, feel free to ask. I was the head detailer at a shop for 2 years and have been doing it on the side for 12 years. I love detailing, and I will only use the best.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

Afterreading this topic, I bought some Meguire's NXT Tech Wax (MGG-12718)and put some on The Blazer early this morning. I really enhanced the shine.IusedMeguire's Fine Cut Cleaner Wax on the Blazer before and now I think I will use Meguire's NXT Tech Wax.

At first, I started cursing the NXT Tech Wax because of the swirls it was leaving behind but as I continued to wipe with a cotton towell, the swirls disapeared.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM
MaSmith is an unknown quantity at this point

I started useing Meguiar's Cleaner Wax several years ago. I really like this product. It is easy on and easy off. In the Spring and fall I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze, then follow up with 2 coats of the cleaner wax. In the middle of the summer I always put one more coat of cleaner wax on it, it seems to last pretty good.
Today I cleaned the blazer up, and tried Meguiar's quik wax, out of a spry bottle. Now I don't know how long this will last, but I really liked how it went on and off.Very easy.

Quick Reply: What is the best wax?