Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

4.3 Vin W Vortec Fuel Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
chach3835 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4.3 Vin W Vortec Fuel Problems

I have a 95 Blazer 4.3 Vortec. I have installed a new fuel pump and I am getting 60psi of pressure. Yet the truck just cranks and cranks. I am getting spark and I am getting a strong spark. I have taken off the plenum and have exposed the fuel rail system. I do see a fuel like regulator on it. Now can I order a new one or must it come with the whole CMFI asembly. Now is that my problem whey I am not getting it to start. The whole system at AZ cost around 280 bucks. Does anyone have a used one that I might be able to buy if I find out that is the problem. I would appreciate any help yall. THanx

Old 02-03-2006, 02:21 AM
57chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4.3 Vin W Vortec Fuel Problems

I've seen in other posts about the ignition control module that has been a problem after changing out the fuel pump???

Old 02-03-2006, 03:37 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I have read here it takes several times turning on and off the ignition to get it primed to maybe that it. I have a new one I have not yet installed email me later the same model number and I will see if it fits. I got a AC Delco it comes with a gaurantee. Email is YEYENJ@msn.com goodluck

Old 02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point

Had mine go sour but I ended up replacing all of it. The regulator is available by itself, if I remember correctly.

Do you smell fuel in the air intake after cranking? If not proceed to below. If yes the spark is not right, otherwise some action would happen, maybe not a good start, but some kind of action such as a backfire or something.

This is going the sound really NUTTY, but I am an OLD man. Have you tried to spray some starting fluid into the air intake as close as possible to the point of interest while someone else already had the throttle open partially? Then back off and crank it? At least you'll know for sure that spark and fuel are both present at the same time. If it fires or tries to, it proves that much anyway.

Have you done ANY other work under there?

Check all wiring connectors anywhere you may have gone.

Did you have both the positive and negative cables OFF the battery, or just the negative? Positive has to disconnected on my 95 jimmy to reset codes. Not negative.

Check all fuses with a meter and not just by looking. It's really odd how just the other day my son said, "hey dad, this one isnt blown like the normally do." The nite before we had a DISCUSSION about something a buddy did while trying to start the car. (Bad fuel pump) His buddy blew a fuse associated with the ckt. This would not have been helpful later????? Yes I replaced pump, but fuse had to go too. I doubt this is your problem, but check the fuses anyway, never know what could have happened. If you have pressure and spark, I suspect either the computer itself or the injection system.